Principal Software Engineer – Manufacturing Business Systems, Shop Floor and Test Integrations
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Develop Strategy, Requirements, and Implementation to collect and display results from Manufacturing value stream. This can include data coming from suppliers, manufacturing test, assembly and\or failure analysis. You will use your skills as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer to drive a strategy to aggregate data from disparate sources and develop visualization portals to retrieve unit information on demand.
- Setup Database strategy to aggregate test results coming from Outsource Partners at FRU level through Insource System level transformation.
- Partner with IT to define the physical layer requirements for Manufacturing Data Aggregation, Ongoing Maintenance and Backup.
- Partner with Business Intelligence owners to aggregate data sources that are not part of ERP\PDM\Shop floor Systems.
- Aggregate any Field Service Information that is relevant to drive improvement to quality, design or process.
- Define\implement data movement strategy to retrieve test\inspection results from our outsource suppliers. This may involve partnering with IT to facilitate automated portals (i.e. SFTP or Cloud Services)
- Develop and propose a strategy to interact with other business systems tools to facilitate best use of systems tools, feedback and manufacturing controls. This will include Jira, Arena, Netsuite, VKS and others.
- Partner with other Test Engineers to drive a FRU\System test data collection methodology that collects critical results
- Create Visualization tools for all collected data for consumption by internal customers across Symbotic business.
- Create utilities\tools to drive continuous improvement within our insource Manufacturing operations.
- Expert at C, PHP, Python, and\or other test based languages
- Expert at Database architectures using SQL\mySQL and can demonstrate examples of applying these skills to a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems and tying in test results\quality checks to work flows to enable containment of quality excursions
- Experience developing visualization tools of key manufacturing results (Web based preferred)
- Experience with RTOS (linux preferred)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and an understanding of PLM tools like Arena, Agile and\or Omnify
- Experience partnering with ERP owners to tie in quality data to transactional decisions at final shipment.
- Ability to react to manufacturing needs. This job is focused on production schedules so a high sense of urgency and attention to needs to meet customer shipments is paramount.
- Demonstrated Experience working in an emerging business environment. You will be a stakeholder in developing the strategy and tools that Quality\Test\Manufacturing will rely on to help aggregate and visualize manufacturing data.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.