Director of Logistics and Warehousing
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
This position will own our Logistics and Warehousing functions for the company. We currently have 3 warehouses we receive and ship product from to customer locations all over the US. This position will drive efficiencies by leveraging technology and best practices for the delivery of complex materials. This position will report directly to the VP of Supply chain and will be based out of US Headquarters located in Wilmington, MA.
- Own the shipment of materials and in a timely manner according to customer and production requirements.
- Manage the budget of the Logistics/Warehouse department
- Establish and improve operating procedures to ensure the Logistics/Warehouse department delivers the required products in a timely, cost effective and quality manner.
- Implement and oversee ERP upgrades in NetSuite as business unit SME.
- Manage logistics team responsible for fulfillment & transportation and site material accuracy.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate processes, timelines, and schedules clearly.
- Freight network analysis within both inbound & outbound freight
- Develop and maintain a monthly operational KPI report.
- Communicate and work alongside a multitude of other departments to be able to provide a 360-degree view to all analysis and initiatives including, but not limited to, Sales, Finance & Customer Service
- Manage relationship and costs of warehouse and look for ways to reduce cost, workorders, floor space.
- Build reports, such as Life Cycle Analysis, carbon footprint, cycle counts on site.
- Deliver savings based on JIT practices, condensing shipments, and reduction of trucking.
- Create future network viewpoint to look at all facets of scale and new production facilities and shipping points to provide future view of network and costs.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Logistics for a distribution center, automation, or warehousing company
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing or leading teams in this area.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Candidate will need to possess ability to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge of company products and business operations.
- The position requires team and individual leadership skills as well as a strong sense of urgency in all matters related to the health of the business.
- Ability to work in a company with an entrepreneurial/non-structured environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as web-based applications – strong Excel background preferred.
- Ability to travel when necessary (approximately 10%)
- Ability to work weekends or extended hours as needed.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES Above all, this person must possess the highest levels of integrity and character with a limitless amount of energy and creativity. Honed analytical problem-solving skills are essential. A strong desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Team oriented, collegial, and collaborative traits a must. Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.