Senior Embedded Developer - Linux
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Our Industrial Automation team is looking to expand and add a Sr. Linux Engineer to help develop our Linux based platforms for our best-in-class autonomous mobile robots. We are seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is a self-starter.
- Develop/Integrate embedded Linux device drivers, including Ethernet, USB, FPGA, I2C, and CanBus, etc.
- Customize BSP, boot code and device drivers for each new embedded Linux platform.
- Work closely with hardware engineers to bring up new boards.
- Work closely with software engineers to use and troubleshoot drivers and interaction with board.
- Plan update distribution system for OTA updates of software and firmware.
- Provide feedback on board layouts during design phase.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience implementing device drivers and boot code on embedded Linux platforms.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in BSP, bring-up and troubleshooting of embedded Linux platforms.
- Outstanding hardware/software debugging skills using a full range of test equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Linux driver programming, kernel architecture and u-boot architecture.
- Solid understanding of Ethernet PHYs, PCIe, USB, SPI, NAND, I2C and SDRAM.
- Knowledge of ARM architecture.
- Yocto build system experience.
- 802.11 knowledge is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.