Supervisor, Installation (Travel 80-90%)
- Austin, TX, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Supervisor, Installation (Travel 80-90%)
Reporting to the Director of Installation, the Supervisor, Installation is responsible for ensuring that installation execution is performed properly. In collaboration with the supervisors from other departments, and with the project manager for each project, the Supervisor acts as a leader by maintaining and improving the processes, ensuring the planning, efficiency, and quality of the installations are of the highest standard.
- Plan, prepare and ensure the mechanical/electrical installations of adapter cells, depalletization and palletization equipment and conveyors;
- In collaboration with the project manager, plan installation activities, including mechanical/electrical validation and inspection. Occasionally, using resource matrixes provided by other departments;
- Effective daily follow-ups with other the teams, internal and external, and ensure daily progress reports are received from them;
- Produce installation progress reports and downtimes to inform the project managers of delays and/or additional costs;
- Interpret quotes, technical drawings, and any other technical document to determine the optimal sequence for installation;
- Control and ensure the quality of the installation, final adjustments, all while transferring necessary knowledge to prevent repeated errors;
- Deliver project installation on time;
- Promote a collaborative and efficient communication of information between departments included in the installations;
- Collaborate in the standardization of process and continuous improvement methods, in a context of change geared towards production;
- Lead/assist to the support to the Commissioning group after the installation is completed;
- This position will be heavy travel to client sites across the US;
- Direct work in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA safety standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related discipline preferred
- English and French professional proficiency preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical or electrical installations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical or electrical troubleshooting
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in contractor/staff management. Management certification preferred
- Professional proficiency of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to conform and adapt to using new software for project / time / progress tracking.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD is preferred.
- Recognized for your leadership and customer approach
- Available to work off-shifts (nights)
- Able to lift 50lbs and long hours standing / crawling.
- Analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work as a team, with thoroughness and attention to quality
- Ability to work under pressure and in an environment where priorities change
- Ability to travel across the US with no restrictions. 80-90% domestic travel required.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.