- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions-oriented, creative environment. The Release Manager is a member of the Information Technology team that is responsible for planning and the successful delivery of software releases to our deployment team. The Release Manager owns coordinating and managing software releases while working collaboratively with the engineering, testing, deployment, and site operation teams to deliver value to our customers.
- Managing risks and resolving issues related to the releases that affects scope, schedule, and quality
- Coordinating release content for designated releases
- Communicating all key project plans, commitments, and changes to the release vehicles, including requirements, QA plans, schedules, and scope changes
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews
- Generate release notifications and release summaries
- Work with release engineers to understand impact of branches, code merges, and builds
- Identify and define continuous improvement to be executed for the release process
- Participate in Change Advisory Board meetings to discuss scope and roadblocks
- Maintain the set of dependencies and procedures required for a release
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in the role of delivery, release, or project management
- Experience work with engineering teams in a fast-paced technology company.
- General knowledge of hardware and software technologies related to Symbotic’s products
- ·Ability to understand complex technical issues and facilitate resolution. Ability to communicate well with internal and external technical audiences. Ability to triage issues based on priority, impact, risk, release timing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations and build trust with stakeholders.
- Ability to input into release strategy in the context of Symbotic’s business strategy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues.
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to details.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.