Field Maintenance Trainer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced, solutions-oriented and creative environments. This position is responsible for gathering, analyzing information to determine training needs as it relates to software, hardware, and process development. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment where customer issues drive priorities.
- The position is responsible for designing, creating, and delivering training programs. Most of this position is involved in the customer’s Infrastructure rollout.
- Product and technical training support to sites and internal needs when required.
- Assist customer site needs with the application of equipment training.
- Escalate customer related issues to the appropriate departments and product owners.
- Executes basic customer support on-site and communicates with Symbotic Technical Support staff.
- The potential for providing support to other customers at the direction of the Manager of Field Maintenance Training.
- Special projects and tasks as assigned by Manager of Field Maintenance Training.
- Implement methods for evaluating training against the needs of the business, consult with management, employees, project leads, and departments to identify ongoing training needs and achieve the result of an effective training solution, suggest improvements to training events, programs, and material improve effectiveness and meet evolving needs of the business.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of all products and processes.
- Perform responsibilities related to field strategic training and deployment support at the direction of the Manager of Field Maintenance Training by Symbotic service goals, targets, and objectives.
- Become Subject Matter Expert on Symbotic Bots and software.
- Responsible for providing product training and deployment through the online LMS. Training will cover subjects consisting of software and hardware used in Symbotic systems. Creating and maintaining the training curriculum documentation as needed.
- Administer technical aptitude testing of on-site maintenance technicians
- 5+ Years of Training/Instructing experience or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Mechanical maintenance preferred (Training or hands on)
- Ability to lead discussions effectively as a speaker in a public forum
- Organizational skills and creation of training reports
- Knowledge and experience in adult education
- Ability to develop, deliver online training as well as live training
- Demonstrated success in developing training courses and curriculum.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and comfort in facilitation/ platform skills from entry level up to executive level
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to training needs based on trainee's ability and balanced against a variety of customer requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Leadership skills and confidence in a fast-paced environment.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.