Computer Vision Engineer
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
In this role you will be working directly with the current engineering team that is focusing on building our next generation mobile robot which automates storage and retrieval within a distribution center. Your charge will be to develop vision system capabilities for our mobile fleet that will increase the overall reliability of our automated solution. You’ll be building the architecture that lets our robots recognize package features and geometry, measure sizes and distances, react to obstructions and unexpected events, and work effectively within a fleet of a few hundred to a thousand others just like itself. You’ll collaborate frequently with the controls and motion planning teams to integrate visual feedback into our bot control procedures.
- Participate in development of an accurate near-real-time 3d geometry / feature recognition and 3d reconstruction and model matching pipeline using both 3d range sensing and video camera input.
- Work closely with software and controls engineers to integrate our vision system into our overall robotic warehouse system.
- Collaborate with our electrical and mechanical hardware team on the design of vision sensor package and related systems.
- Develop highly reliable C/C++ software to implement 3D vision algorithms to enable improved case handling, localization, and obstacle detection.
- Optimize a multi-process, multi-threaded applications on a high performance, time-critical computing platform
- Develop both internal and external tools to visualize, analyze and interact with 3D information
- Design and implement unit and integration testing strategies for mission-critical software and hardware
- Operate outside your area of direct expertise to collaboratively solve difficult problems with the rest of our multi-disciplinary team
- Developing computer vision algorithms for real-time real-world applications in the warehouse
- Prototyping in scripting languages as needed
- Transitioning to embedded CPU/GPU code for production.
- Surveying literature and implementing state-of-the-art techniques to take on challenging problems.
- Developing, documenting, and directing software system testing, troubleshooting, and verification procedures.
- Supporting manufacturing with hardware requirements and technology integration
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in computer vision, range image processing, mobile robotics in a professional setting.
- Experience with machine learning and classification, exposure to deep learning frameworks
- Experience implementing image processing/computer vision algorithms for real-time apps
- Experience with scripting languages for quick prototyping of computer vision applications (Python or MATLAB preferred).
- Linux development experience
- Linux network maintenance experience
- Git/Github/Gitlab experience in dynamic agile Scrum-based environment.
- Experience with some subset of the following topics needed: active range sensing, passive stereo vision, camera calibration, OpenCV, IFM range imaging sensors, CUDA, Gazebo, computer graphics, geometric modeling, OpenGL, lidar, Jetson Xavier-NX, Mobile Robot Control Systems, SLAM, ROS/2, mobile robot physics, mobile robotics, structural mechanics, Solidworks, Revit, technical writing, NVIDIA VPI, NVIDIA Isaac, TensorFlow, Linux BSP maintenance experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.