Manager, Controls Architecture
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking a Manager to drive the Industrial Controls Team Architecture.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in industrial control specification, design implementation, standardization and working in system that leverage common subsystem and automated workflows, standard engineering practices, and documentation. This person will lead a team of controls engineers developing products for our warehouse automation systems.
- Assess and validate the need for resources and team leads with individual project managers
- Provide input and vision on product technical roadmap and develop employees and technology in critical areas.
- Drive IIoT and standardization of sensors and actuators, as well as keeping the company updated with latest technology.
- Participate to creation of functional specification for systems and equipment’s.
- Discuss and follow-up on project progress with project team leads, ensuring employees deliver on their commitments;
- Define guidelines governing the team’s methods and standards and challenge their relevancy
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation control strategies for robots and automation equipment using advanced motion controllers, industrial PCs, and PLCs.
- Assist with and oversee selection of outside sources, electrical drives, motors, and controllers from outside suppliers; writing of technical specifications for components
- Guide the development of specifications for design of GUIs and other HMIs
- Develop and enforce design and coding processes, design reviews, and verification plans
- Maintain processes and procedures for code source control.
- This position requires travel to different customer sites across US & Canada
- Strong technical background on Rockwell platform
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in a related engineering discipline (ie. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- 5+ years of software development experience with object-oriented programming languages
- 8+ years of development in Rockwell platforms.
- 3+ years of experience within a leadership capacity.
- Previous experience leading software development projects – planning, estimating, and overseeing software developers.
- Experience with sensors, actuators and VVFD selection.
- Experience with scripting languages and data log analysis.
- Skilled in problem analysis and resolution.
- Recognized for leadership and customer-oriented approach.
- A good team player who applies rigor in addressing concerns with a keen eye for quality.
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-evolving environment where priorities are constantly subject to change.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.