Senior Software Engineer – System Controls (C# required)
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
As a Software Engineer in the System Controls team you will play a hands-on role in the development of a suite of services and applications for our next generation of software which controls fleets of mobile robots and industrial systems. The qualified candidate will make key contributions to bring our robotics solutions to our customers. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
- Design and develop real-time distributed software to communicate with and manage data for fleets of mobile robots and other warehouse automation hardware.
- Play a hands-on role as part of an engineering team developing solutions for planning and scheduling the fleet of mobile robots.
- Demonstrate passion about building high quality software, love solving problems and facing new challenges.
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with creative and technical peers.
- Work in a dynamic Agile/Scrum based environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering-related discipline required. (i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- The qualified candidate must have experience with Object-Oriented Design.(C# preferred) 4-6 years of experience
- System Integration Experience
- A hands-on problem solver with excellent software design and implementation skills.
- This person must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and support unscheduled events.
- This person must understand source control (git preferred).
- Professional experience developing software applications is preferred, especially around the design and implementation of planning and control software for robots.
- Testing and debugging experience is required while experience developing automated tests is preferred.
- Experience with a data analytics tools (plotting libraries, regex, ELK) is a plus.
- Experience with Linux and its commands is a plus.
- Qualified candidates should be comfortable with asynchronous or multithread programming, inter-process communication, and automated software testing.
- Qualified candidates should be comfortable writing software in a managed language such as C# or java.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please… No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Please visit our careers page at www.symbotic.com/careers/
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.