Director of Global Network Operations and Technical Support
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops, operates and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation—all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Symbotic is seeking a seasoned and motivated leader to transform the customer experience by creating a high performing support function that enables field teams to provide continuously improving, measurable service level and system performance improvements. The Director of Global Network Operations and Technical Support will implement new technologies to transition from the current local support model to a remote model which ultimately reduces the total cost of ownership for operating a Symbotic system. The teams under this person will be responsible for ensuring industry leading customer service by containing issues and driving the root cause and corrective action for hardware, controls, software integration on robotic palletizers and depalletizers, each picking systems, autonomous case picking mobile robots, system software.
- Build a high performing support/customer experience function to ensure we are leading our industry and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Develop the strategy and implement a network operating center focused on proactive management to ensure customer KPI’s total cost of ownership and OEE metrics are achieved.
- Collaborate with the Customer Operations team leadership and cross-functional organizations to improve our core product for performance, availability, service level and usability by assisting in prioritizing key work based on data driven insights
- Develop a team that enables the organization to achieve core KPI’s and SLA’s that align with our business for hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly performance
- Manage and coach direct reports, including reviewing metrics and performance development.
- Advocate for the customer during technical cross-functional initiatives reviews, and clearly communicate impact on customers/team
- Discover and eliminate waste resulting in opportunities for performance growth while creating a streamlined process flow driven by solutions
- Communicate with all departments to ensure alignment on messaging in alignment with customer and provider expectations
- Recruit, interview and on-board new employees
- Demonstrated experience in building/scaling a world-class technical/customer support function.
- Track record of being a hands-on leader to help coach/mentor an experienced technical support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Engineering discipline preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading automation technical support or remote operations
- Experience running a highly functioning 24/7 support environment focused on customer success
- Strong ability to problem-solve technical issues and handle multiple high-priority tasks
- Self-starter, quick thinker and calm under pressure
- Data-driven and comfortable translating customer response into actionable items
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both understanding the customer and working cross-functionally internally
- Experience and desire to work in fast-paced, growing start-up that receives high volumes of customer feedback consistently each week
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.