Director of Maintenance
- Wilmington, MA, us
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
The Maintenance Director plans and leads the daily activities of the Maintenance Department in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Maintenance. This requires both a focus on leadership as well as the full utilization of information, procedures and methods to positively impact the materials, machines, internal and external customers of the facility.
To oversee entire Maintenance function and develop policies and procedures to take preventative measures on failure of equipment. Identify areas where safety issues could arise and take measures to proactively address the concerns. Actively pursues measures to reduce downtime on production equipment. Identifies opportunities and takes measures to reduce waste.
Coordinates initiatives to reduce operating costs. Completes tasks in a timely and organized fashion. Works with the maintenance staff to develop a Reliability Based program to proactively address equipment issues. Take measures to eliminate manufacturing issues.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop a preventive maintenance process;
- Develop and oversee all safety rules and practices
- Be a key member in the selection process of manufacturing partnerships for vendors and suppliers
- Implementing quality improvement to reduce cost
- Implement a system for the coordination of spare parts and inventory
- Work with executive leadership to address areas with room for improvement
- Oversee entire departmental budget
- Prioritizing maintenance activities
- Create a system that conducts failure analysis to create a maintenance schedule
- 7+ years of maintenance management experience
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical process equipment and associated maintenance practices
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Maximo computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities.
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.