Swissquote Bank Europe serves 15,000+ clients who have chosen to manage their own investments in stocks, ETFs, investment funds and cryptocurrencies thanks to our online platform.
We are looking for an individual with a high level of integrity and professionalism to join our Risk Management Team.
As Risk Officer, you will report to the Chief Risk Officer and ensure that the risk control framework of the Bank continuously evolves in line with the growth of the Bank’s activities. You will lead the production of key risk management reports and support the delivery of special projects.
In this role, you will:
- Participate and ensure timely completion of risk-controls. This includes credit risk analysis, IRRBB calculations, ECL production, various stress testing and back testing calculations and quality controls,
- Take the lead on the preparation of various risk reports for the risk committees and to annual reports such as ICAAP/ILAAP reports, Recovery and Resolutions plan and Pillar III disclosure,
- Actively support the periodic review of the risk policies and procedures by providing preliminary review to incorporate the agreed content,
- Drive various risk management projects in line with business needs and deliver risk assessment to support these changes,
- Act as a SME for risks matters relating to market, liquidity and counterparty credit risks, and ensure regulatory watch on these topics and act as the escalation point for any risk matters requiring specialist involvement,
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders such as auditors and other control functions, answering their requests and delivering audit remediation plans,
- Promote a risk awareness culture with the Bank, and support risk training indicatives.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Risk Management,
- At least 5 years of experience working in a Risk role in the Financial Services (preferably in Luxembourg or the EU),
- Fluency in English - Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal),
- Solid knowledge of Luxembourg’s banking, legal and regulatory environment (including EU regulations such as Basel IV/CRR/CRD, CSSF circulars and regulations, EBA Guidelines, IFRS9/LuxGAAP and prudential reporting),
- Proven experience in risk monitoring and risk mitigation techniques, with SME expertise in relation to the duties of the role,
- Strong reporting skills: i.e. able to realise complex tasks requiring accuracy and reliability,
- High degree of initiative and excellent planning and organisational skill,
- Previous experience in leading and preparing risk management reports,
- Problem solving approach and an ability to connect different elements together,
- Genuine interests in financial markets, cryptocurrency industry and products, macro- and political economics and regulations,
- Knowledge of sustainability framework, Climate and Environment risk and/or ESG regulations is an asset.
- A comprehensive benefits package including annual performance bonus, occupational pension scheme, concierge services, 34.5 paid holidays, and more,
- A great work environment in our offices located at Luxembourg’s Kirchberg financial district,
- Opportunities to develop your knowledge of financial products and markets including equities, funds, derivatives, cryptocurrencies and more.