Custody Operations Officer
We are Swissquote and we challenge the code to deliver innovative services & products that make financial opportunities accessible to everyone.
We deliver our services to + 450’000 clients who can trade over 3 million products through performant and secured platforms.
As well as various online trading products (stocks, cryptocurrencies, bonds, funds, derivative products…), we provide Forex, Robo-Advisory and Mortgages solutions.
That makes us the Swiss Leader in online Banking!
Join our 1000 employees all over the world to accelerate your career in fast-moving and rock-solid company! We keep on growing and at the end of June 2022, Swissquote held over 50 billion Swiss francs in assets for more than 520,000 private and institutional clients.
Follow Humans of Swissquote to discover our people & culture!
Swissquote Financial Services (Malta) Limited
Swissquote Financial Services (Malta) Ltd, the Malta-based fully-owned subsidiary of Swissquote Group, is a financial services company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and providing Depository Services and Global Securities Trading Services to Collective Investment Schemes, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and Family Offices.
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading Depositary. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
We are looking for a positive and adaptive hard worker. We offer an unparalleled opportunity to operate in a fast pace environment with a great team of like-minded peers.
Our office is located in the vibrant capital city, Valletta; a World Heritage site and European Capital of Culture in 2018; nothing short of an open-air museum.
Get on board with our team!
As, a Custody Operation Officers, you will report to the Custody Operations Manager.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Cash flow monitoring [in accordance with AIFMD, UCITS and other pertinent Directives, laws and regulations]
- Oversight [in accordance with AIFMD, UCITS and other pertinent Directives, laws and regulations], including:
- ensuring that the sale, issue, repurchase, redemption and cancellation of shares of Fund clients are carried out in accordance with applicable Maltese laws, rules and regulations, the Prospectus and the Articles
- ensuring that the value of the shares of Fund clients are calculated in accordance with applicable Maltese law, rules and regulations, the Prospectus and the Articles and the valuation procedures adopted in respect of the relevant Fund in accordance with the AIFMD, UCITS and other legislation
- carrying out authorised instructions of Fund client and their Managers provided such authorised instructions do not conflict with applicable Maltese law, rules and regulations, the Prospectus or the Articles
- monitoring Funds’ compliance with the investment restrictions and leverage limits set out in the respective Prospectuses and any relevant supplements
- ensuring that in respect of transactions involving the assets of Funds, the consideration is remitted to the Fund within the usual time limits
- ensuring that the income of Funds is applied in accordance with applicable Maltese law, rules and regulations, the Prospectus and the Articles
- Review of Net Asset Value calculations
- Bank Reconciliations
- Communication with clients and 3rd party service providers
- General office administration
The ideal candidate should:
- Have previous work experience within a similar role
- Be fluent in English, with excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Command excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Have a strong attention for detail
- Have good IT knowledge and excellent organisational skills
- Possess the determination to ensure deadlines are met and tasks are performed to high standards