- 2 Rue Edward Steichen, 2540 Luxembourg
Since 1996, Swissquote has challenged the code to deliver innovative services & products that make financial opportunities accessible to everyone.
By joining Swissquote Bank Europe in Luxembourg, you will become a member of a leading provider of online financial and trading services.. We encourage personal development and actively support creative teamwork, leadership and responsibility.
Join Swissquote to accelerate your career in a fast-moving company! We are growing, despite the COVID-19 pandemic. The Swissquote Group delivered record results in 2020 and H1 2021.
To cope with our business growth and to strengthen our risk management focus in Luxembourg, we are hiring someone to assist the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in the oversight of a wide range of financial and non financial risks (eg credit, market, IRRBB, operational, liquidity, reputation risks) and to support the implementation of the Bank’s risk strategy in a risk-controlled environment. Given the Bank’s operating model, the role will also have responsibilities in business continuity and outsourcing risk.
Your profile :
We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking individual with 3-5 years of experience in the EU banking sector, preferably in Luxembourg.
We are looking for someone with a generalist risk profile with strong financial and banking fundamentals, and a good understanding of key banking risks and associated regulations. The successful person will also have a genuine interest in macroeconomics and financial markets.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer you will work in the risk management team in Luxembourg, consisting of 3 team members. The risk team are dynamic and pragmatic professionals in the field of risk management and are part of an innovative bank in Luxembourg, which although it is part of an international structure, has all the advantages of a smaller company of around 40 employees.
You will work closely with colleagues in the Luxembourg office and will partner with Group head office in Switzerland. In specific instances, you may also work with external consultants.
Your key accountabilities will be :
1. Taking part in the definition and implementation of the Bank’s risk management framework:
- Responsible for annual reviews on risk policies & procedures
- Timely monitoring and reporting of KRIs
- Actively take part in the identification and evaluation of key risks.
- Propose action to monitor and mitigate key risk issues
2. Carrying out regular risk control activities:
- Responsible for quarterly IRRBB and liquidity stress test calculations to ensure compliancy with risk appetite
- Perform some InfoSecurity controls and escalate issues
- Produce as and when required credit analysis for credit lending facilities and Bank treasury placings
- Act as a backup of other control types (Operational risk database maintenance)
3. Executing special projects to support the Bank’s risk management framework under guidance from the Chief Risk Officer, specifically:
- Actively take part in the preparation of the periodic reports for senior management and CSSF (eg ICAAP, Pillar III report)
- Work closely with the Chief Risk Officer and Outsourcing officer to deliver strong oversight on a number of operational and IT activities delegated in the Group. For that purpose, you will participate to off- and onsite due diligence activities and contribute to regular service review meetings
- Produce risk self-assessments during new product launch process
- Bachelor or Master's degree in financial, economic, management or law. IT and/or Info-Security background is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in the EU banking sector (mandatory), preferably in Luxembourg.
- Previous experience in audit or consulting like regulatory banking missions is an asset.
- Strong knowledge in EU risk regulations: CRR, CRD
- Good knowledge of Luxembourg risk management framework as dictated by CSSF circulars
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines including interacting with colleagues from both the Front Office and Back Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French is an asset
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple projects under the tight deadlines
- Results-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to challenge new ideas from a risk perspective
- Proactive and forward looking mind-set to set-up, implement processes and further improve them
- Commitment to attend regular trainings and information sessions
- Strong organisational skills
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?
We look forward to hearing from you!