- 2 Rue Edward Steichen, 2540 Luxembourg
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading company. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
As a Risk officer, you are part of our risk team and support the CRO in fulfilling the objectives of the Bank’s risk management function and the growth of the Bank. You will integrate in a full time role, acting as a second line of defence in collaboration with all the business lines in Luxembourg and Switzerland.
You will be responsible for the anticipation, identification, measurement, monitoring, and control and reporting of all risks to which the Bank is or may be exposed. Thus, you will be responsible for assisting authorised management and other business functions in identifying material risks and ensuring they are effectively managed. This includes notably credit, liquidity, market, operational (including info security), reputation, business and strategic risks.
This role mainly focuses on delegated oversight with some ad hoc tasks related to credit and liquidity risk.
The role offers an attractive position into the Bank’s organisation and into a dynamic environment.
To someone with either financial and banking fundamentals, operational and business continuity vision, outsourcing and Information Technology background, and share an open-minded and collaborative spirit, it will a be a great and challenging opportunity to join an innovative bank in Luxembourg.
You will work closely together with colleagues from Luxembourg and with partner with Group head office in Switzerland.
Delegated activities oversight
· Work closely with the CRO and the Outsourcing officer in the oversight of a number of operational and Information Technology activities delegated in the group, ensuring on-going compliance of delegated activity work with adequate oversight in place. For that purpose, you will
o complete periodic controls
o participate to off and on site due diligence activities
o collect and monitor KPI
o produce operational reports
o perform recurring controls
o review and follow-up of issues and incident reports
o contribute to regular service review meetings
o contribute to internal oversight activities decision making by preparing regular reporting for the relevant committees.
· Partner with stakeholders throughout the organization i.e. operations, legal, compliance and audit.
· Responsible for the definition and co-ordination of the Bank’s business continuity programme.
· Support the expansion of the Swissquote Bank product offering through risk assessment and New Business Product Approval
· Conduct the monthly counterparty credit rating review
· Produce monthly Expected Credit Loss under IFRS9 and identify under-performing loans
· Performing independent credit assessments on new banking counterparties for treasury placing
· Perform regular credit risk controls on credit facilities
· Collect KRI to produce the monthly Key Risk Indicators Dashboard
· Prepare the risk management pack for the Risk & Compliance Committee
· Performing quarterly liquidity stress test
· Bachelor or Master's degree in financial, economic, management or law.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a risk based role in the Banking sector (mandatory).
· Previous experience in audit or consulting like regulatory banking missions (nice to have).
· Good knowledge in these risk regulations: Bâle II / III (with a focus for Pillars II and III) (CRD IV / V …).
Good knowledge of EU risk management framework
· Ability to work across multiple disciplines including interacting with colleagues from both the Front Office and Back Office.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English. French is an asset.
· Ability to successfully deliver multiple projects under the tight deadlines
· Results-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical, problem solving skills
· Ability to challenge new ideas from a risk perspective
· Entrepreneurial mind-set to set-up, implement processes and further improve them
· Commitment to attend regular trainings and information sessions
Strong organisational skills