- Chemin de la Crétaux 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
Founded by two engineers, Swissquote makes trading opportunities accessible to everyone and we challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant.
As an always-evolving company, we strive to challenge our organization, making teamwork and innovation more than just values.
You will be able to accelerate your career in a fast-moving and rock-solid company: during these last couple of years, our bank has become the Swiss leader in online trading. We still keep growing and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we were able to deliver exceptional results in 2020.
As a Database Engineer, you will join our IT Department in our Databases team. You will be responsible for administration and optimization of our databases. You will be in contact with many stakeholders in the company and be the referent regarding the databases of the bank.
- Build, and scale Swissquote’s database infrastructure
- Take in charge full databases administration
- Improve and optimize database administration and management with coding and automation with a focus on the performance, high availability and reliability.
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse databases and operating systems, and make them work well together.
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented, and train others to take on operations.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and alerting services
- Provide support to development teams on several projects
- Participate in on-call rotation with other team members, 1 week per month
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 1+ year of experience with Database Engineering or Database Administration, using at least one of the following : Postgres, Oracle, MSSQL or MySQL
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux environment
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick Agile environment.
- Fluent in French and English