Business Risk Manager
- Chemin de la Crétaux 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
Since 1996, we challenge the code to deliver innovative services & products that make financial opportunities accessible to everyone.
We are now the Swiss leader in online trading and we deliver our services to + 340’000 clients who can trade over 3 million products through performant and secured platforms.
As well as various online trading products (stocks, bonds, funds, derivative products, cryptocurrencies…), we provide Forex, Robo-Advisory and Mortgages solutions.
Join our +800 employees all over the world to accelerate your career in fast-moving and rock-solid company! We keep on growing and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we were able to deliver exceptional results in 2020
As the fastest growing online bank in Switzerland, Swissquote is adapting its internal control system to the evolving regulatory environment and to its increasing business volumes and, more specifically, is creating a new unit of Business Risk Managers within its Sales Headquarters department in Gland (VD). This new unit will be a key element of Swissquote’s first line of defense. We are looking for different levels of seniority, from junior/intermediate to senior profiles.
In this position, you will be a member of the new Business Risk Management unit, which will be part of the Sales Headquarters department. Your unit will report directly to the Head of the Sales Headquarters Department. You will work closely with the relationship managers of the Sales Headquarters and with the Compliance Service. You will play a key role in our first line of defense, in particular for managing money laundering risks, reputational risks and other business risks. You will in particular propose controls and measures for the mitigation of those risks. Further, thanks to your expertise and skills, you will play an important role in the relationship with the Compliance Service.
You will have multiple tasks, which include:
- Review of prospects’ account opening requests (companies, institutional clients, financial institutions, external asset managers, introducing brokers, etc.) from various standpoints, including with respect to AML risks (AMLA, AMLO-FINMA, CDB), cross-border risks and reputation risks
- Check tax compliance aspects, such as FATCA and CRS (automatic exchange of information)
- Prepare prospects’ files and risk assessments in coordination with the relationship manager and submit your recommendation to the management of the Sales Headquarters Department
- Conduct regular reviews of all types of clients, in particular institutional clients (financial institutions, external asset managers, etc.)
- Clarify certain transactions and situations from various standpoints, including with respect to AML and reputation risks
- Support and advise the relationship managers
- Law or Economics degree or similar background is an asset
- Experience of at least three years as a Business Risk Manager or in a Compliance Department within the financial industry
- Perfect command of English and French. Any other language is an asset
- Analytical and methodological approach
- Very good communication and writing skills
A BANK THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ONE
Located near Geneva and the lake, our Headquarters gathers 600 of our employees: young (34 years old average), multicultural (50 nationalities) and wearing what suits them best. You will find a friendly atmosphere in an open and inclusive environment. Spacious offices, home-office policy, outdoor terrace, sports clubs and even... a real Pub for after-work moments.