Custody Oversight & Risk Officer
- 46 St. Christopher's Street, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading company. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
Reporting directly to the CEO and Head Legal & Compliance, your main responsibilities will be:
- Analyse and assess risks across the Company’s functions.
- Analyse jurisdictional, Group and internal trends to establish risk mitigating strategies required to meet the Company’s strategic objectives
- Draft and present Risk Management Reports to Senior Management and Board of Directors (where required)
- Present and maintain Risk Management Policies and Procedures
- Conduct regular corporate risk assessments, develop, and maintain an effective risk response plan
- Update and maintain the Company’s RMICAAP
- Keep abreast with the industry's legislation and regulatory framework
- Advise internally on risk mitigation techniques.
- Maintain the Depositary Risk Framework, including, but not limited to:
- Performing Client and Service Provider risk assessments
- Performing on/off-site oversight assessments in terms of the UCITS/AIFM Depositary obligations
- Investigating and addressing breaches to the UCITS/AIFM/Prospectus/Rules/Regulations
- Liaising with the Client and MFSA with respect to any said breaches
- Managing Client information requests in terms of their annual oversight obligations over Depositary
- Possess a degree in a relevant field
- A postgraduate degree in risk management is not mandatory, but shall be considered an asset
- Work experience in a risk related area within the UCITS/AIFM/MiFID regulatory environment
- Sound understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization
- Possess a critical thought, excellent analytical and numerical skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent ability to produce numerical and written reports for a varied audience (Internal & External)
- Ability to organise and present findings and recommendations in a constructive manner (both verbal and written).