Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- 46 St. Christopher's Street, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
Join Swissquote Financial Services and take part in a leader in the provision of depository, custody and trading services in Malta.
Regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority, we ease access to the European investor landscape and global financial markets paired with the solidity and reliability of a Swissquote, a Swiss banking group.
We provide depository services and global securities trading services to a wide range of clients: collective investment schemes, asset managers, to wealth managers and family offices.
Our human-sized office is located in the vibrant capital city, Valletta; a World Heritage site and European Capital of Culture in 2018; nothing short of an open-air museum.
Get on board with our team!
The MLRO will be responsible for ensuring that the company achieves and maintains compliance with its AML-CFT obligations. With the necessary knowledge in the company’s regulatory requirements, including its application, the MLRO will develop and ensure implementation of required compliance frameworks to achieve this.
The main responsibilities of the MLRO will be :
- Ensure that the company complies with the requirements of all applicable anti-money laundering legislation and internal Group standards
- Develop, improve and manage the company’s policies related to AML in line with the latest regulations in the industry
- Maintain, update and implement a Business Risk Assessment in line with the activities carried out by the company
- Implement Group policies and procedures into the company’s policies
- Develop and implement a monitoring system to ensure that all suspicious transactions are investigated, documented and passed on to the relevant authorities if necessary
- Carry out periodical risk assessments and advise the company on necessary actions
- Ensure that there is an AML compliance culture, including delivery of AML training
- Act as a liaison officer with the regulator
- Investigate and analyse suspicious activity reporting from the transaction monitoring processes, make recommendation of required and report to the regulatory where required.
- Liaise with 3rd parties and regulators when and as needed
- Working experience within the compliance & AML Sector, ideally within the financial services industry
- Currently acting as an MLRO and PQd is considered a plus
- Excellent knowledge of AML regulatory obligations
- Relevant certification in AML/CFT
- Excellent oral and written skills and able to communicate with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders
- Have a strong compliance culture, integrity and trustworthiness
- Independent oversight and problem solving skills
- Analytical skills