Junior Operations Officer
- 2 Rue Edward Steichen, 2540 Luxembourg
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading company. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
The role is responsible for completing various banking operations on customer accounts. This covers the receipt of, and processing of, client cash transfers within agreed levels and appropriate operational risk controls. You will also be responsible for setting up security transfers.
You will also be responsible for processing and approving new client account applications and existing client account amendments when required. The role is also co-responsible for client document archiving and filing.
The role also includes quality assurance responsibilities and provides additional support and input to Bank initiatives as requested and in cooperation with other functional areas.
- Complete the client cash and securities transfer processes, and book various banking operations on customer accounts within the agreed SLA and with appropriate operational risk controls
- Process account closures and conduct follow-up on cash on closed accounts,
- Review, control and validate new client applications within the agreed SLA and appropriate operational risk controls
- Process client account opening documentation into the relevant systems
- Deal with amendments to existing clients’ accounts and maintain data records as required
- Margin monitoring
- Investigate outstanding amounts on client cash reconciliations provided by Finance and adjust booking when required or initiate client follow-up via Client Service
- Complete QA checks including four-eyes checks with another team member
- Co -Responsible for client documentation archiving and filing
- Co-ordination of daily tasks with the other Operations Team members
- Ensure accurate and diligent use of operations applications to ensure provision of a full and transparent audit trail
- Create, Review and Maintain departmental procedures and documentation in line with internal policy and regulatory changes
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Assist with data clean-ups where required
- Pro-active contribution to Operations Team meetings
- Assist with BCP testing weekends (1x per year)
- Support bank initiatives to achieve its strategic objectives
- Support Audit planning and finding rectifications work
- Identified risk events to be logged through the appropriate channel.
- Handling of client postal mail
- Complete checks as mentioned on the Daily checklist and Activity Tracker
- To undertake any other tasks which fall under operations department scope as and when requested to do so
- Practical experience with MS Office (specifically Excel)
- Autonomous and ability to manage priorities
- Strong Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Organisational and planning skills
- Self-motivation and positive contribution to improving the working environment
- Flexible approach to work routines and schedules
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and any additional language is an asset