Devops IT Engineer
- Chemin de la Crétaux 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
As a Devops IT Engineer at Swissquote, you will work with both Development and IT in order to improve our agility and our business. You will ensure that best practices are implemented and maintained for building, deploying and supporting Swissquote in-house application and software integrations. You will be responsible for maintaining the quality, stability and performance of our software environments, database systems, and build/release tools. At Swissquote we are embracing the DevOps culture and looking for rockstars to help make that culture a reality.
One of your main goal will be to take part in the improvement and automation of our deployment procedures and repetitive tasks. At Swissquote we are embracing the DevOps culture and looking for rockstars to help make that culture a reality.
- Lead architecture and go-live planning
- Automation of our procedures
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ensure health, uptime and performance of all our production applications and systems
- Manage deployment of new releases and application components to production servers
- Improve release management tools and processes
- Debug and resolve production issues along side Operations, Infrastructure and Development engineers
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Evolve continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical platform that supports Swissquote
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for second-tier escalations
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in IT - Operations, DB, Systems & Storage
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Perl, Bash, Java.
- Experience in different flavors of *nix (Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, SLES, Solaris, CentOS)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French is an asset
- Ability to communicate with business, development and infrastructure teams
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and challenging environment
- Knowledgeable with automatic configuration management tools (Ansible / Puppet / Chef)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring distributed systems
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming
- Experience with an automatic build pipeline and continuous integration servers (e.g. Jenkins, SonarQube, XL-Deploy)
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration