- St. Christopher's Street, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading company. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Group Finance function, your main responsibilities will be:
- General book-keeping, including all reconciliations and updating of ledgers
- Operating within the accounting framework and assuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Preparing monthly management accounts and quarterly financial statements
- Preparation and submission of all monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory returns (COREP, etc.)
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns, FS5, FS3, FS7, WHT and other fiscal submissions
- Operating internal control in compliance with Group Finance policies and guidelines
- Managing day-to-day contact with local service providers
- Managing and running payroll, including de/registration of employees with Jobsplus, whilst performing HR administration in liaison with the Group
- Processing invoices, expense reports, incoming receipt and providing any other operational and administrative support as required
- Preparing accounting data for eventual internal/external auditing
- Assistance in budgetary process
- Handling all administrative matters.
- Accounting background with prior experience within the financial services industry (ideally 2-3 years of experience)
- Fluent in English; any additional languages, an asset
- Highly organized, rigorous and a strong attention to detail
- Able to work unsupervised, multi-task and prioritise workload
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and deep commitment to meet the highest standards required by the role
- Possess the determination to ensure deadlines are met and tasks are performed to high standards.