- 2 Rue Edward Steichen, 2540 Luxembourg
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading company. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
The purpose of the (full time) role is to support the CRO in its risk management function and is responsible for a wide range of activities, assisting in overseeing all areas of risks; including credit, liquidity, market, operational (including information security), reputation, business and strategic risks.
As a Risk Officer, you will execute special projects aiming at maintaining and supporting the improvement of the Bank’s Risk Management framework with the guidance of the CRO, and more specifically:
- Participate in the periodic review of the risk policies and procedures by providing preliminary review to incorporate the agreed content.
- Actively support the ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Plan processes
- Participate to the implementation of newly developed or adapted models supporting qualitative or quantitative risk analysis/calculation.
- Contribute to the development of tools and data necessary for the assessment and management of risks.
- Support the Bank in delivering its product launch strategy and expansion plans
- Support the internal and external audit on risk management issues, by assisting the CRO in the development of remediation actions and timeline for any deficiencies, and in their monitoring.
You will also assist in delivering robust second line of defence controls and more specifically
- Support client credit facilities take-on process in line with agreed procedures.
- Ensure the quality of the figures for the risk calculation produced internally (such as ECL, IRRBB, Stress testing) and risk reports produced internally, including these intended for the regulator
- Assit in the ongoing monitoring of the different material risks the Bank is or may be exposed to
- Assure, with the support of the Risk Officer timely input and data quality in the operational risk management database and follow up of remediation action implementation.
- Actively contribute to the design of the stress-testing framework and to regularly assess its effectiveness against the material risks of the bank and industry practice.
Finally, you will support risk reporting activities and more specifically:
- Responsible, with the support of the Chief Risk Officer, for the production of presentation, reporting and other materials for the various committees and to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure prompt reporting of limit breach to the relevant parties and may ensure that actions to maintain the risks at the level of the limits of the Bank's risk appetite have been undertaken
- 3 years of related experience in Banking
- University Degree in economics/finance
- Proven experience in banking risk management across a range of different risk types (e.g. market/credit/operational/liquidity risk) & regulatory expertise
- Good understanding of risk management concepts, e.g. risk identification, risk appetite framework, scenario analysis and stress testing
- Transversal understanding of business implications
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple projects under the tight deadlines
- Results-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Ability to challenge new ideas from a risk perspective
- Entrepreneurial mind-set to set-up, implement processes and further improve them
- Commitment to attend regular trainings and information sessions
- Strong organisational skills