Senior BigData Engineer
- Chemin de la Crétaux 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading company. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
As a member of the IT department within the Data architecture team, your role is to monitor, maintain and evolve Swissquote Bigdata infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Design and optimization of the data architecture of the cluster
- Liaise with software development and business for all existing and future bigdata applications
- Monitor our clusters in terms of resources and performance
- Upgrade CDH and install new modules
- Optimization of our HBASE database
- Share knowledge with the rest of the team
- University degree in computer science
- Strong experience in administration and monitoring of Hadoop cluster / Cloudera infrastructure
- Good knowledge of the full CDH stack (Cloudera manager, hbase, flume, HDFS, ...)
- Experience in Data model design
- Knowledge of Kerberos for the security of the cluster
- Knowledge of data architecture, development (Perl, Python, Spark) and relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, SQLServer) would be a plus
- You are proactive, able to work autonomously and willing to share your knowledge across our teams.