Senior Big Data Engineer
- Chemin de la Crétaux 33, 1196 Gland, Switzerland
DON’T LEAVE BANKING TO BANKERS
Founded by two engineers, Swissquote makes trading opportunities accessible to everyone and we challenge everything that makes traditional banking irrelevant.
Join our 130 software developers to challenge the code and bring your expertise on cutting-edge Fintech projects such as eTrading, eForex, robo-advisory, crypto currencies and more.
As an always-evolving company, we strive to challenge our organization, making teamwork and innovation more than just values.
You will be able to accelerate your career in a fast-moving and rock-solid company : during these last couple of years, our bank has become the Swiss leader in online trading. We still keep growing and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we were able to deliver exceptional results in 2020.
A BANK THAT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ONE
Located near Geneva and the lake, the Headquarters gathers 600 of our employees : young (34 years old average), multicultural (50 nationalities) and wearing what suits them best. You will find a friendly atmosphere in an open and inclusive environment. Spacious offices, home-office policy, outdoor terrace, sports club and even... a real Pub for after-work moments.
Make your move in a challenging environment that offers you an exciting opportunity to boost your career and develop solid banking and financial business expertise.
We are looking for skilled and talented Java Software Engineers with valuable Big Data experience and high performance/quality mindset to be part of the team in charge of the evolution of Forex platform.
As a member of the Software Engineering Department within the Forex team, you will participate in all stages of software development: from design and implementation to maintenance, scaling and performance tuning. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of applications, ranging from mission-critical trading systems with sub millisecond performance constraints to near real-time/real-time data analytical tools.
• Advance traders’ analytical tools with new features and datasets staying on top of evolving Big Data technologies
• Provide input into overall IT architecture of the solution, including technical environment configuration, data modeling, data integration
• Work closely with financial experts to gain first-hand Forex experience and discuss possible solutions and alternatives to embed their analytical models
• Keep yourself up-to-date on the cutting-edge technologies and contribute actively to the technical choices of the team
• Troubleshoot production issues (level 3)
• Master or Bachelor in Computer Science with 6+ years of Java experience
• Considerable experience in data mining with first-hand experience in building near realtime/real-time data analysis (Hadoop/Yarn, Kafka, Spark, Flink, etc.)
• DevOps experience in a Linux/cloud/Big Data environment
• Experienced in multi-threading programming
• Interested in financial industry mechanisms
• Solid analytical and problem solving abilities
• Good grasp of design patterns and SOLID principles
• Team player, rigorous and autonomous
• Fluent in English