Custody Operations Officer
- 46 St. Christopher's Street, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
As a leading provider of online financial services, Swissquote Group offers innovative solutions and comprehensive services to meet the wide ranging demands of its 300,000 clients.
With an Online Trading Platform linked to more than 60 stock markets in over 40 countries, including off-exchange trading in derivative products, Swissquote offers simple, rapid, online trading in shares, bonds, funds, options, futures, warrants, ETFs, Structured Products, forex and cryptocurrencies.
Swissquote Group is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (symbol: SQN) and employs 700 professionals at its headquarters in Gland (Switzerland) and offices in Zurich, Bern, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Malta and Singapore.
Swissquote Financial Services (Malta) Limited
Swissquote Financial Services (Malta) Ltd, the Malta-based fully-owned subsidiary of Swissquote Group, is a financial services company regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority and providing Depository Services and Global Securities Trading Services to Collective Investment Schemes, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and Family Offices.
By joining Swissquote, you will become a member of the sector's leading Depositary. You will be encouraged to develop your skills and to grow within teams of highly qualified specialists. We encourage personal development and actively support creative team work, leadership and responsibility.
We are looking for a positive and adaptive hard worker. We offer an unparalleled opportunity to operate in a fast pace environment with a great team of like-minded peers.
Our office is located in the vibrant capital city, Valletta; a World Heritage site and European Capital of Culture in 2018; nothing short of an open-air museum.
Get on board with our team!
In line with SQFSM's growth strategy, we are seeking to recruit a Custody Operations Officer. The successful candidate will work with the Custody Operations team in overseeing the custody and depositary operations tasks to Malta-based UCITS, AIF, NAIF, PIFs and offshore-based fund structures covering all types of financial and non-financial assets.
The candidate will provide ad hoc office support to the CEO and Senior Custody Operations Officer as well as the Company’s Group related entities.
- Cash flow monitoring [in accordance with AIFMD, UCITS and other pertinent Directives, laws and regulations]
- Oversight [in accordance with AIFMD, UCITS and other pertinent Directives, laws and regulations], including:
- ensuring that the sale, issue, repurchase, redemption and cancellation of shares of Fund clients are carried out in accordance with applicable Maltese laws, rules and regulations, the Prospectus and the Articles
- ensuring that the value of the shares of Fund clients are calculated in accordance with applicable Maltese law, rules and regulations, the Prospectus and the Articles and the valuation procedures adopted in respect of the relevant Fund in accordance with the AIFMD, UCITS and other legislation
- carrying out authorised instructions of Fund client and their Managers provided such authorised instructions do not conflict with applicable Maltese law, rules and regulations, the Prospectus or the Articles
- monitoring Funds’ compliance with the investment restrictions and leverage limits set out in the respective Prospectuses and any relevant supplements
- ensuring that in respect of transactions involving the assets of Funds, the consideration is remitted to the Fund within the usual time limits
- ensuring that the income of Funds is applied in accordance with applicable Maltese law, rules and regulations, the Prospectus and the Articles
- Review of Net Asset Value calculations
- Bank Reconciliations
- Communication with clients and 3rd party service providers
- General office administration
- Title: Custody Operations Officer
- Position: Staff
- Engagement: Full Time
- Contract: Indefinite
- Location: Malta
- Qualifications: preferably, a University financial degree
- Experience: preferably, prior experience working with a Depositary Bank or Fund Administrator
- Languages: English (written/spoken: mandatory). Other languages (an asset)