Senior Software Engineering Manager. £62-75k per annum
- 1st Floor, 280 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, Western Lowlands, United Kingdom
Our vision is to build the world's largest local network connecting businesses, consumers and brands. During the last few years Swipii has achieved several milestones that as a team we are very proud of:
- UK’s top 100 start-up.
- Europe’s top 100 disruptive start-up in retail industry.
- UK’s best customer loyalty, CRM and Personalisation platform.
- Founded by Forbes 30 under 30 winners.
Our mission - To connect consumers and businesses.
We at Swipii plan in 2020 to expand out of Glasgow with our consumer cash-back product which enables consumers to seamlessly earn cash-back at retailers and enables your business to attract and retain more customers using the power of small cash back incentives.
Our card linking technology allows us to bring products to the local space which are normally reserved for big business. We are a consumer mobile technology business, with a B2B web-based product.
We’re looking for an empathetic engineering manager to support and coach our engineers and to be hands on as part of the product delivery and technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices across our whole product.
Your focus will be on supporting the development team with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
You will also be hands-on and lead on technical initiatives in partnership with the team.
If you thrive in an environment of collaboration, are passionate about learning and about growing team members, we would love to hear from you.
Our consumer mobile apps are built using Swift and Kotlin.
Our business website leverages .net C# with a SQL server database. The infrastructure is predominantly hosted in Azure.
- Servant Leader to the Team - Ensure the teams development needs are met through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback - ensure support required is in place through coaching, mentoring etc.
- Being hands On - Pairing and collaborating with team to deliver technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices.
- Building an engineering organisation that can support rapid growth ensuring that we are continually and delivering high customer value.
- Leveraging your understanding of complex systems to create pragmatic architectures to support our predicted levels of growth.
- Participating in the leadership team, where you will shape the company's vision, mission, monthly and quarterly objectives.
Problems the team have worked on in the last 6 months:
- Validating & Implementing Cashback solution in the mobile app from idea to working product
- Validating & Implementing weekly deals offering
- Implementing Swipii core billing capabilities around cashback so consumers can withdraw and we can invoice businesses
- Have demonstrable experience leading and scaling software systems as part of a multi-market product
- Experience of line managing a team of 6+ software engineers
- Thrive working in a team that deals with ambiguity every day
- Are able to clearly and concisely explain complicated technical concepts to any audience
- Have a solid understanding of the core principles and fundamentals of software development
- Customer obsessed and product-focused
- Able to solve our needs with scalable software
- Experience across our entire stack is not a prerequisite, you do need a willingness and capability to work with it and to seek ways to improve
- Data-informed in your decision making, leveraging facts to validate your assumptions but not being afraid trust your instinct when necessary
- Desire and willingness to work and fully participate in a collaborative team
We’d be more than happy to introduce you to a member of our engineering team to introduce you in-depth to our current tech stack.
What we can offer you:
- Be the first in Europe to release/grow card-linking technology in the brick-and-mortar space.
- Be part and learn from a stellar team, including former/current leaders from Skyscanner, Dunnhumby, Trainline and Local Globe.
- Flexible working
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- 32 days holiday
- Your birthday off, a present from Swipii!
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Stock Options. Everyone is an owner at Swipii – you will get to be part of this and directly participate in the growth of your stake
- Exclusive discounts and offers with a wide variety of retailers
- Vibrant and spacious office space in Glasgow’s city centre working Monday to Friday
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.