Technology Leader - £68-75k per annum
- 1st Floor, 280 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, Western Lowlands, United Kingdom
Swipii is the leading loyalty and marketing automation platform for Brick and Mortar shops in the UK. We help offline SMEs, get the technology behind big corporates, such as Tesco ClubCard, Boots Advantage Cards and My Starbucks Rewards. Whilst at the same time consumers save money on their everyday purchases through Swipii.
Our vision is to build the world's largest local network connecting businesses, consumers and brands. During the last few years Swipii has achieved several milestones that as a team we are very proud of:
- UK’s top 100 start-up.
- Europe’s top 100 disruptive start-up in retail industry.
- UK’s best customer loyalty, CRM and Personalisation platform.
- Founded by Forbes 30 under 30 winners.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Technology Leader to help Swipii thrive - with a world-class product and a world class team. We are proud that we are technology-based company, and our journey requires that we remain at the forefront of capability and continually innovating.
As our Technology Leader you will cover the entirety of our product technology – from mobile apps to backend databases. Our current backend stack is built on .Net technology and our apps are using Swift and Kotlin.
- You will facilitate the whole product cycle in short iterations, helping Swipii ensure that we are continually and pragmatically delivering high customer value
- You will have the autonomy to shape the direction of the product as it grows and bring forward your plans for our technology
- You will leverage your understanding of complex systems to create pragmatic architectures to support our predicted levels of growth, as we scale quickly
- Being part of the leadership team, you will participate and enable the company's vision, mission, monthly and quarterly objectives; as well as shaping the roadmap to achieve them
- You will guide and influence a high-performing team, supporting individual team members in their own development
- You will actively mentor and guide, encouraging and facilitating input from all into your approaches; identifying team needs and looking for solutions that resolve them, including our plans for team growth
- An experienced Senior or Principal Engineer or a hands-on Engineering Manager
- 2+ years experience leading and scaling complex software systems as part of a multi-market product, with demonstrable experience in designing, building and operating a complex product
- Customer obsessed and product focused looking to solve our needs with scalable software
- You may have experience across the entire stack (or even our current stack), or you may not. Either way you will have a willingness and capability to work with it
- Data-informed in your decision making, leveraging facts to validate your assumptions, but not being afraid to go with your instinct when necessary
- Good level of understanding and use of agile principles and multi-sided marketplaces
- High level of autonomy and accountability to maximise the alignment and delivery of our product team
- Experience in people management and leading a high growth engineering team forward
- Curiosity, a constant hunger to learn and push the product's quality boundaries
- Willingness to work and fully participate in a collaborative team
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven
We’d be more than happy to introduce you to a member of our engineering team to introduce you in depth to our current tech stack.
What we can offer you:
- Be the first in Europe to release/grow card-linking technology in the brick-and-mortar space.
- Be part and learn from a stellar team, including former/current leaders from Skyscanner, Dunnhumby, Trainline and Local Globe.
- Flexible working
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- 32 days holiday
- Your birthday off, a present from Swipii!
- Opportunity to purchase up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Stock Options. Everyone is an owner at Swipii – you will get to be part of this and directly participate in the growth of your stake
- Exclusive discounts and offers with a wide variety of retailers
- Vibrant and spacious office space in Glasgow’s city centre working Monday to Friday
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.