Full Stack Software Developer - £40k to £55k pa
- 1st Floor, 280 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, Renfrewshire, gb
At Swipii we put our team's values at our core, please visit our career page before applying: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SwipiiLabs/working-at-swipii
Our growing product team works in two week sprints in a highly collaborative way. You might catch us all concentrated in front of a large 55inch tv mobbing trying to solve some complex issues before shipping them that same day thanks to our continuous delivery and automated testing infrastructure.
If we are not mobbing, you’ll find us pairing and making sure what we ship is always in line with our sprint goals who themselves are in line with the company's yearly objective. We pride ourselves in always aiming to deliver outcome-based value to our customers and measuring this with clear metric, although we are always learning and getting better at the later.
We are an agile team. We build, measure and learn, not afraid of change, always working towards a bright future!
No two days are similar in our team, like most teams at Swipii. We are responsible for maintaining and building our services such as:
- The Swipii mobile app
- The Swipii website
- The Swipii business dashboard
- The entire backend, database and its APIs
In addition, we also run external tools such as Trello, Slack and Wordpress and need the successful candidate to be curious and find exciting new ways to exploit those platforms to help Swipii grow.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer who wants to embark on Swipii’s great journey by helping the team grow rapidly, lead by example by advocating change, innovation and technological evolution.
We are looking for passionate and experienced Full Stack Software Developer. You’ll be a key member of our agile product team, with the opportunity to work across all of our product developments and enabling us to grow this UK-first product. This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the company’s technology, it’s one where you’ll contribute fully and to our whole development program, from design to production. You will get to see the whole product cycle! You will have the autonomy to help shape the direction of the product as it grows.
Your typical week will involve:
- Contributing to the development and design of our FULL suite of products.
- Contributing to our backend services and UI to help deliver a great experience for users.
- Contributing to our code quality through test automation.
- Participating and better our agile practices via our team daily stand-ups, our company weekly stand-ups, our team's retrospectives and our company-wide post-mortem sessions in the spirit of continuous learning.
- Contributing innovative and original ideas to our technology and products.
- Working with internal teams and users to understand the features our products need then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
- Diving into difficult problems and successfully deliver results within a schedule.
- Contributing to Swipii’s emphasis on continual improvement by making suggestions to improve our solutions at all levels.
- Demonstrating commitment and belief in our organisational values whereby together we make Swipii a rewarding place to work through always empowering; always respecting; always mindful; always nurturing & fun.
- Working with other team on a weekly basis to keep in touch with the full product cycle and remain in an up to date context.
Being part of a full stack team, we value passion and willingness to learn quickly over pure coding skill experience. Most importantly, being data driven, customer and product obsessed is essential to succeed in any role at Swipii.
Particularly as a Full Stack Software Developer we are looking for:
- Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment.
- Customer obsessed and looking to solve their needs with scalable software.
- A good track record of relevant development projects – you know how to build great software and can demonstrate this.
- Awareness of agile principles.
- Evidence of being self-motivated and driven – you find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve hard problems.
- Willingness to work and fully participate in a collaborative team.
What we can offer you:
- Be the first in Europe to release & grow card-linking technology in the loyalty space.
- Flexible working.
- Personal learning and development opportunities.
- 32 days holiday.
- Birthday off.
- Stock Options. Everyone is an owner at Swipii – you will get to be part of this and directly participate in the growth of your stake.
- Exclusive discounts and offers with a wide variety of retailers.
- Vibrant and spacious office space in Glasgow’s city centre.
- Whether it's our employees, founders, mentors or investors, be part of an exceptional team who's always there to support you along our incredible journey.