- Lincoln or Omaha, Lincoln or Omaha, NE, United States
From the middle of America, Swanson Russell, a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency, produces ideas that grab attention from coast to coast. Our crew of big thinkers, go-getters and team players help brands create a Real Connection™ with their audiences. Swanson Russell is dedicated to building an inclusive work culture that expands and embraces diversity, and that elevates our work and our connection to the world. If that sounds like you, apply today.
Swanson Russell is looking for a new Developer to join our 30+ digital team.
This position will work in close collaboration with designers, developers and others to create and maintain web-based projects ranging from websites built on Drupal (or other CMS platforms), interactive marketing tools, experimental landing pages, on-location digital experiences, or whatever else we need to build for clients or internal use.
You would be collaborating closely alongside other developers and designers every day to create the best possible user experience without sacrificing code quality, as well as maintaining and improving existing projects or contributing to internal research and experiments to find the next cool thing or technology we should adopting for a future project.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience, skills or attributes:
- Two years of professional web development experience.
- Intermediate to advanced with at least one back-end programming language, with PHP as our preferred language for most projects.
- Comfortable working within a typical LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP).
- Strong communication, organization and personal management skills.
- Needs to be capable of independent self-teaching: exploring, researching and prototyping new technologies, techniques and approaches that could be used for client projects.
Bonus points for any of these extra attributes:
- Experience developing with popular open-source CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal, WordPress).
- Familiar with modern front-end coding techniques, tools and languages (e.g. CSS/SASS, Flexbox/Grid, HTML5, NPM/Webpack, etc).
- Prior experience working in a project-based industry such as marketing/advertising agencies, on a dedicated internal marketing team, or equivalent development-focused firms.
- Experience collaborating with other developers and designers, involvement with code review and mentoring, and/or contributing to the estimates for development tasks.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.