- Lincoln or Omaha, Lincoln or Omaha, NE, United States
From the middle of America, Swanson Russell, a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency, produces ideas that grab attention from coast to coast. Our crew of big thinkers, go-getters and team players help brands create a Real Connection™ with their audiences. Swanson Russell is dedicated to building an inclusive work culture that expands and embraces diversity, and that elevates our work and our connection to the world. If that sounds like you, apply today.
We’re looking for a candidate that strives to create engaging relationships and Real Connections with Swanson Russell’s nationwide client base. You must be able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction. The UX/UI Designer works with a broad team of creative talent to help generate original, innovative designs and experiences for both traditional digital mediums (websites, digital advertising, email, etc.), as well as trending mediums (experiential, apps, social media, etc.). The UX/UI Designer contributes to projects at any phase including concepting, wireframes and prototypes, layout and design, and coding.
At Swanson Russell, we ask our talented digital creatives to wear many hats. This position will lean more into a candidate’s visual design and technical implementation skills but candidates will be have a multitude of opportunities to work in all phases of a project lifecycle.
Qualified candidates will have 1 or more years of user experience, user interface design, or web design experience and a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in visual communications, web design, user-centered design, or related field. In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
- A love for the digital space, an understanding of UX and UI design principles and how and why things work, and a passion for what the end-product looks like and how it solves a user’s problem
- Interest in learning how and why users interact with our digital products through user testing and research
- Experience communicating content hierarchy, features, and functionality through detailed wireframes and prototypes
- Strong visual layout and interaction design skills and high production value
- Strong working knowledge of XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, wireframe tools and other associated design and prototyping tools
- Drive to continuously learn and explore new ideas. The digital space is always changing and evolving and there is always something new to learn
- Ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects from concept to completion
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.