Human Resources Intern
- 1202 P St, Lincoln, NE 68508, USA
- Location: Lincoln
From the middle of America, Swanson Russell, a full-service marketing communications and advertising agency, produces ideas that grab attention from coast to coast. Our crew of big thinkers, go-getters and team players help brands create a Real Connection™ with their audiences. Swanson Russell is dedicated to building an inclusive work culture that expands and embraces diversity, and that elevates our work and our connection to the world. If that sounds like you, apply today.
Students will gain practical experience as they deliver assistance and support to the human resource department. The HR Intern will assist in onboarding, performance management, wellness, research, communication, administrative duties, mail processing, phone assistance, and special projects.
- Assist with scheduling new hire orientation sessions and assembling new hire paperwork.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions, or by directing them to applicable resource as appropriate.
- Assist with the communication and tracking of performance management process.
- Assist with coordination of benefits and wellness programs.
- Assist with front desk, mail, and phone.
- Keeps all personnel information filed properly.
- Must be at least a junior standing, majoring in Human Resources or Business with an emphasis in Human Resources.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource administration preferred.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Good interpersonal relations with proven communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Word and Excel preferred
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, strong customer service skills, and learns new processes and information quickly
Qualified applicants must be current students and available to work during the summer and the 2021 - 2022 school year. This paid internship requires approximately 15-20 hours per week during core business hours (8am-5pm). May require additional hours, 20 - 30 hours per week, during summer months.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.