- 12401 E Admiral Pl, Tulsa, OK 74116, USA
Swaggin Wagon in Tulsa, OK is a trucking company specializing in the transportation of frac sand throughout Oklahoma, Texas and surrounding states. Our logistic experts provide our customers a means of delivering their frac sand to their well locations on time. We offer two dispatchers and two truck pushers per job to ensure good communication.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the coordination of the utilization of drivers, trucks and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers.He/she will work alongside team of dispatchers and operations personnel help coordinate scheduling, manage communication, and will plan and assess the dispatch of drivers to meet customer expectations. Rresponsible for managing a group of about 50-150 drivers with the dual goals of maintaining a high level of on time customer loading and delivery, overall customer service and supporting driver needs while directing their work. The position holds a prominent level of responsibility for service, productivity, and driver retention.
Must be willing to work days and/or nights. The candidate will be working a 3 on 4 off, 4 on, 3 off schedule of rotating 12 hour shifts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate with and manage drivers via phone and email about loads, trip planning, safety, pay, home time, hours of service, maintenance, and all other aspects involving drivers.
- Track truckloads in a timely fashion by communicating with drivers, dispatchers, and customer representatives regarding pickup, deliveries, and status updates using Axon and TMS.
- Maintain accurate computer dispatch and scheduling records to ensure smooth and accurate communication flow.
- Ensure route completion via the driver check-in process.
- Ensure Driver has all paperwork and load info necessary to complete their load satisfying both customer expectations and HOS regulations.
- Check Paperwork prepared by drivers for completeness, accuracy, organize for Accounts Payable department to ensure proper collections.
- Maintain a respectful attitude when dealing with drivers, co-workers, potential customers, to help foster existing relationships and build new ones.
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential funciton of this position.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Strong Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
• Effective with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Desire to learn and work as part of a collaborative team
• Trucking, Transportation, Logistics or Trucking Dispatch Experience
• Experience Using Transportation Management Software
• Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
• Familiarity with Hours of Service Regulations
• Prior experience in a customer-facing position
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Swaggin Wagon, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.