Counter Sales/ Customer Service (NAPA Auto Parts)
- 51813 Columbia River Hwy, Scappoose, OR 97056, USA
Sunset Auto Parts strives to provide the highest level of customer service. By taking personal ownership of our responsibilities, we take pride in our careers. Together, we achieve great things through hard work, humility, and attention to detail.We continue to build a company that is successful, profitable, and enjoyable to work for. We have 11 locations to serve our customers and our goal is to remain the Pacific Northwest's Premier Auto Parts Supplier.
Primary Job Duties: The primary function of this position is to ensure prompt and courteous service for all customers and potential customers of the store (including walk-in and telephone calls). The person must be able to look up the parts application of the product in the extensive parts catalog or by way of the TAMS Computer terminal in an efficient and accurate manner.
Other Job Duties: Some secondary, but essential functions of the position include ability to effectively understand and communicate NAPA warranties and policies; follow and adhere to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials; ability to operate and utilize telephone system; ability to operate a cash register; and ability to handle daily paperwork and forms generated by customers and the store including receipts, RGN’s, OS&Ds, etc.
- Must be functionally literate, capable of reading and writing legibly; and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes, able to accurately reference part numbers and applications from an extensive catalog.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes of up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items including hand trucks, dollies, motorized cart, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must be able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Must be able to work on their feet (stand or walk) for their assigned work shifts.
- Must occasionally assist with deliveries when needed and act as a back-up driver if needed — thus requiring a valid driver’s license.
- Perform associated duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 10 or older to apply
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
After a 60-day probation period, Sunset Auto Parts employees are eligible to enroll in our Health/Dental Insurance. We also offer a 401k, with a percentage of gross wages matching contribution, access to Aflac supplemental insurance, PTO and plenty of room for advancement!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.