Human Resources Manager
- 3865 W 2400 S, West Valley City, UT 84120, USA
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Human Resources Manager to join our Human Resources team. Sundance is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Founded in 1969 by Robert Redford, Sundance is a unique brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on creativity, originality, and inspiration.
As the Human Resources Manager, you’ll play a vital role in the organization by providing strategic and transactional support in core functions in the Human Resources department including management of HR staff, legal compliance, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, benefits, leaves, training, safety, engagement initiatives, and management of the human resource information systems. You will work closely with the human resources team to develop and implement people strategies to improve the employee experience and drive organizational success.
- Mentor, lead, and direct HR staff productivity, engagement, satisfaction, training, growth, and development
- Act as a strategic partner, trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for our leaders and employees
- Develop reports and metrics for various human resources functions; utilizing data to make recommendations
- Ensure compliance of HR policies, procedures, and processes, related to federal and state-specific laws, keeping up to date on changes in legislation
- Oversee onboarding, benefits, disability, leave administration, safety initiatives, employee performance evaluations, and company events
- Conduct investigations and prepare thoughtful and organized investigation summaries
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews
- Assist with job analysis, market research, and classification of jobs to assist in standardizing job functions and position descriptions
- Evaluate existing benefit programs against peer groups to determine competitiveness, trends, and developments
- Foster a learning culture within the organization by collaborating with management to identify training needs, recommend training sessions, and schedule appropriately
- Manage safety reporting for both liability and workers compensation claims
- Lead and implement employee engagement and recognition programs that cultivate a good employee experience and enhance our culture
- Assess, evaluate and manage the administration of systems to assist in streamlining and automating HR processes and further enhancing people practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in hiring, managing and leading a team preferred
- Expertise in HR policies
- Employee relations experience required
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state employment laws and practices
- Previous work experience using, administering, assessing, and implementing HRIS systems, ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Collaborative team player who inspires others and has a genuine interest in helping others
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent planning and time management skills
- Must have a sense of urgency, resiliency, and the ability to handle challenging situations well
- Speak, read, and write the English language to be able to interpret detailed documents, including HR procedures, publications, and legal regulations
- PHR/ or SHRM-CP certification preferred
If you would like to be part of a great team, are ready to take on a challenge and make a difference within our company, apply today. This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah, remote work is not offered for this role.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts.
For more information about our culture and brand at Sundance, please visit https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SundanceHoldingsGroupLLC
For the Sundance Story, visit: https://www.sundancecatalog.com/category/customer+service/about+us.do
Sundance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.