Assistant Jewelry Manager
- 2643 NE University Village St, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Jewelry Manager to support our retail team in Seattle, WA. Sundance is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Founded in 1969 by Robert Redford, Sundance is a unique brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on creativity, originality, and inspiration.
The Assistant Jewelry Manager partners with the store management team to drive store sales by offering outstanding customer service, demonstrating persistent attention to detail in supervising the jewelry department, and providing general support to the management team. This individual will train the staff in jewelry product knowledge including making team members aware of new items, top sellers, and special artisans while focusing on their unique relationship to Sundance. Will guard the jewelry assets and maintain company policy on inventory control and loss prevention, as it relates to the jewelry area. Manage jewelry inventory cycle counts on a regular basis. Assist the management team in store opening, closing, and general floor supervision as scheduled and needed. Consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead by example by providing excellent customer service to customers.
- Act as the manager on duty on the sales floor when scheduled.
- Develop the customer sales book of jewelry customers.
- Listen to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels in the jewelry area but with a focus on the store in general.
- Achieve store budget sales, payroll, and inventory goals. Analyzes jewelry sales trends and develop plans to maximize profits and minimize costs.
- Execute operational tasks as directed, with a keen eye on the bottom line profitability of the store.
- Be familiar with all operations of the store and able to assist where needed.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customer.
- Provide ongoing sales and product training for the staff to achieve sales goals.
- A key responsibility will be to focus on the jewelry area. Along with the Store Manager, act as the liaison between the store and the support office. Must work closely with inventory planning and allocation to manage inventory levels in the department.
- Conduct product knowledge training of the staff and encouraging a store environment where turnover is kept to a minimum.
- Provide challenging goals and assignments to ensure all associates are trained and performing to company expectations.
- Motivate and develop associates by providing frequent developmental discussions, product training, sales and service techniques. Assists in writing and delivering store associate reviews.
Standards of Operations
- Maintain disciplines for visual standards, store cleanliness.
- Monitor inventory procedures and see that shrink goals are met.
- Keep tight controls and management of all jewelry stock/inventory while maintaining a tidy, organized,, and secured work area.
- Keep all jewelry in its appropriate location clearly labeled and on display.
- Consistently enforces all company policies and procedures. Performs opening/closing procedures and ensures bank deposits are done daily.
- Keep open and responsive communication with Store Manager as well as the District Manager.
- Associates degree in a related field required, BS or BA preferred
- Five plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail experience with management responsibilities
- Experience with a premium brand retailer
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you would like to be part of a great team, are ready to take on a challenge and make a difference within our company, apply today.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts.
If you would like to be part of a creative team while making a difference within our company, apply today!
For more information about our culture and brand at Sundance, please visit https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SundanceHoldingsGroupLLC
For the Sundance Story, visit: https://www.sundancecatalog.com/category/customer+service/about+us.do
Sundance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.