Assistant Visual Manager
- 97 Main St, Westport, CT 06880, USA
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford when he purchased land at the base of beautiful 12,000-foot Mount Timpanogos in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. This pristine place became the Sundance Village, and at the base of the Village was a tiny store. Guests would frequently write letters to the store requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance, and thus the idea for Sundance Catalog was born.
It started small. Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance's unique items available to a wider audience. The first edition of Sundance Catalog was mailed in 1989, and since that first catalog, it remains the Sundance vision to share "the kinds of things that we have been privileged to collect, many of them handcrafted exclusively for Sundance."
As Sundance has grown, we have remained rooted in the richness and diversity of the American experience. When you purchase something from Sundance, we appreciate the fact that the prime reason is enjoyment for yourself. But you are also supporting American craftspeople and efforts to enhance and preserve the artistic spirit.
Beginning with the first catalog mailed in 1989, Robert Redford has penned a special message that appears on the inside front cover of every edition. And, in the words of Robert Redford, "To us, Sundance is and always will be a dream. What you see, smell, taste and feel here is a dream being carefully nurtured. It is an area whose pledge is to people. What we offer in the form of art and culture, spirit and service, is homegrown and available to all."
Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Visual Manager to join our team. Sundance is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Sundance is a brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on the creative process and originality. We are committed to providing world-class service while offering unique products that showcase artistic inspiration. Sundance has grown to be a unique lifestyle brand with a compelling assortment of products and retail stores located in several states.
We are seeking an individual to assist us as we open our newest retail store in Westport, CT. The Assistant Visual Manager partners with the store management team in driving store sales by offering outstanding customer service, demonstrating persistent attention to detail on product presentation, and maintaining product in-stock position. Must effectively supervise all aspects of merchandise in the store, including in-stock position, tracking key item movement, and executing visual merchandising directive. Must be actively engaged in store operations, maintain a positive energetic work environment, and consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of visual merchandise coordination between the store and the support office.
- Consistently exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customer.
- Listen to customers and use their feedback to improve service levels in the store.
- Achieve budget sales, payroll, and inventory goals.
- Analyze sales trends and develop plans and schedules to maximize profits and minimize costs.
- Execute merchandise standards and display guidelines and floor changes as directed.
- Resolve issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Provide ongoing sales and product training for the staff to achieve sales goals.
- Train staff in product knowledge training and encourage a store environment where turnover is kept to a minimum.
- Provide challenging goals and assignments to ensure all associates are performing to company expectations.
- Motivate and develop associates by providing frequent developmental discussions, product training, sales, and service techniques.
- Assist in writing and delivering store associate reviews.
Standards of Operations
- Maintain disciplines for visual standards and store cleanliness.
- Monitor inventory procedures and see that shrink goals are met.
- Consistently enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Keep open and responsive communication with Store Manager as well as the District Manager.
- Associates degree in business, management, or a related field; BS or BA preferred
- Five plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail experience with management responsibilities
- Experience with a premium brand retailer
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you would like to be part of a great team and make a difference within our company, apply today. We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, short/long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k), and great merchandise discounts.
Job Code: SC1