Assistant Store Manager
- 97 Main St, Westport, CT 06880, USA
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford when he purchased land at the base of beautiful 12,000-foot Mount Timpanogos in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. This pristine place became the Sundance Village, and at the base of the Village was a tiny store. Guests would frequently write letters to the store requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance, and thus the idea for Sundance Catalog was born.
It started small. Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance's unique items available to a wider audience. The first edition of Sundance Catalog was mailed in 1989, and since that first catalog, it remains the Sundance vision to share "the kinds of things that we have been privileged to collect, many of them handcrafted exclusively for Sundance."
As Sundance has grown, we have remained rooted in the richness and diversity of the American experience. When you purchase something from Sundance, we appreciate the fact that the prime reason is enjoyment for yourself. But you are also supporting American craftspeople and efforts to enhance and preserve the artistic spirit.
Beginning with the first catalog mailed in 1989, Robert Redford has penned a special message that appears on the inside front cover of every edition. And, in the words of Robert Redford, "To us, Sundance is and always will be a dream. What you see, smell, taste and feel here is a dream being carefully nurtured. It is an area whose pledge is to people. What we offer in the form of art and culture, spirit and service, is homegrown and available to all."
We are seeking an individual to assist us as we open our newest retail store in Westport, CT. The Assistant Store Manager partners with the store management team in driving store sales by motivating and developing a sales team to provide the highest level of internal/external customer service to maximize sales. Assists the management team in store opening, closing and general floor supervision as scheduled and needed. Maintains a positive, energetic work environment, and consistently demonstrates and upholds the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer service is key…we are here to enhance the customer experience by outfitting them.
- Greet and welcome customers as they enter with genuine enthusiasm.
- Ask open-ended questions to determine customer’s needs.
- Listen to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels.
- Tell the product story, features, and benefits of jewelry and merchandise.
- Check for customer understanding.
- Offer additional products that support or relate to the customer needs.
- Inform customers of our website and catalog, offering to put them on our mailing list.
- Listen to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels in the store.
- Achieve budgeted sales, payroll, and inventory goals.
- Work with the Store Manager to analyze sales trends, develop plans to maximize profits, and minimize costs.
- Consistently exceed the expectations and requirements of the internal and external customer.
- Resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provide ongoing sales and product training for the staff to build multiple sales and achieve sales goals.
- Supervise sales floor such to ensure staff is adhering to daily agenda and proper zone coverage is ensured.
- Lead staff to exceed sales plan.
- Implement and reinforce goals and assignments set by the Store Manager to ensure all associates are trained and performing to expectations.
- Motivate and develop associates by providing consistent feedback, product training, sales, and service techniques.
- Responsible for associate performance evaluations.
- Participate in weekly management meetings to discuss business sales trends, product assortment and inventory levels, new operating procedures, and hiring needs.
- Participate in all staff meetings: current with sales trends and goals, new product information, enhanced selling techniques, seasonal promotions, and individual recognition.
- Ensure all visual, operational, and safety policies and procedures are followed and executed in a timely manner.
- Teach and enforce loss prevention tactics on the sales floor.
- Consistently enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Perform opening/closing procedures and ensures bank deposits are done daily.
- Keep open and responsive communication with the Store Manager as well as the District Manager.
- Associates degree in business, management, or a related field; BS or BA preferred
- Five plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail experience with management responsibilities
- Experience with a premium brand retailer
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you would like to be part of a great team and make a difference within our company, apply today. We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts.