Assistant Jewelry Manager
- 97 Main St, Westport, CT 06880, USA
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford when he purchased land at the base of beautiful 12,000-foot Mount Timpanogos in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. This pristine place became the Sundance Village, and at the base of the Village was a tiny store. Guests would frequently write letters to the store requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance, and thus the idea for Sundance Catalog was born.
It started small. Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance's unique items available to a wider audience. The first edition of Sundance Catalog was mailed in 1989, and since that first catalog, it remains the Sundance vision to share "the kinds of things that we have been privileged to collect, many of them handcrafted exclusively for Sundance."
As Sundance has grown, we have remained rooted in the richness and diversity of the American experience. When you purchase something from Sundance, we appreciate the fact that the prime reason is enjoyment for yourself. But you are also supporting American craftspeople and efforts to enhance and preserve the artistic spirit.
Beginning with the first catalog mailed in 1989, Robert Redford has penned a special message that appears on the inside front cover of every edition. And, in the words of Robert Redford, "To us, Sundance is and always will be a dream. What you see, smell, taste and feel here is a dream being carefully nurtured. It is an area whose pledge is to people. What we offer in the form of art and culture, spirit and service, is homegrown and available to all."
Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Jewelry Manager to join our team. Sundance is a leading omnichannel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Robert Redford founded Sundance Catalog in 1989 and we have been growing ever since. Sundance is a brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on the creative process and originality. We are committed to providing world-class service while offering unique products that showcase artistic inspiration. Sundance has grown to be a unique lifestyle brand with a compelling assortment of products and retail stores located in several states.
We are seeking an individual to assist us as we open our newest retail store in Westport, CT. The Assistant Jewelry Manager partners with the store management team to drive store sales by offering outstanding customer service, demonstrating persistent attention to detail in supervising the jewelry department, and providing general support to the management team. This individual will train the staff in jewelry product knowledge including making team members aware of new items, top sellers, and special artisans while focusing on their unique relationship to Sundance. Will guard the jewelry assets and maintain company policy on inventory control and loss prevention, as it relates to the jewelry area. Manage jewelry inventory cycle counts on a regular basis. Assist the management team in store opening, closing, and general floor supervision as scheduled and needed. Consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead by example by providing excellent customer service to customers.
- Act as the manager on duty on the sales floor when scheduled.
- Develop the customer sales book of jewelry customers.
- Listen to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels in the jewelry area but with a focus on the store in general.
- Achieve store budget sales, payroll, and inventory goals. Analyzes jewelry sales trends and develop plans to maximize profits and minimize costs.
- Execute operational tasks as directed, with a keen eye on the bottom line profitability of the store.
- Be familiar with all operations of the store and able to assist where needed.
- Exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customer.
- Provide ongoing sales and product training for the staff to achieve sales goals.
- A key responsibility will be to focus on the jewelry area. Along with the Store Manager, act as the liaison between the store and the support office. Must work closely with inventory planning and allocation to manage inventory levels in the department.
- Conduct product knowledge training of the staff and encouraging a store environment where turnover is kept to a minimum.
- Provide challenging goals and assignments to ensure all associates are trained and performing to company expectations.
- Motivate and develop associates by providing frequent developmental discussions, product training, sales and service techniques. Assists in writing and delivering store associate reviews.
Standards of Operations
- Maintain disciplines for visual standards, store cleanliness.
- Monitor inventory procedures and see that shrink goals are met.
- Keep tight controls and management of all jewelry stock/inventory while maintaining a tidy, organized,, and secured work area.
- Keep all jewelry in its appropriate location clearly labeled and on display.
- Consistently enforces all company policies and procedures. Performs opening/closing procedures and ensures bank deposits are done daily.
- Keep open and responsive communication with Store Manager as well as the District Manager.
- Associates degree in a related field required, BS or BA preferred
- Five plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail experience with management responsibilities
- Experience with a premium brand retailer
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded
- Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you would like to be part of a great team and make a difference within our company, apply today. We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts.
Job Code: SC1