Distribution Associate (Warehouse/Delivery)
- 453 S. Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Summit has opportunities for hard-working, dedicated people to join our growing team. Start your career with Summit as a Distribution Associate and we’ll give you the tools to make a career in electrical supply distribution. No experience in electrical supply is needed, just a commitment to our customers and a drive to exceed expectations.
As a Distribution Associate, you will:
Serve our customers by giving them exactly what they need when they need it. We aren't just offering a job, but inviting you to begin a career. Starting in this role you will learn our processes, products and industry which will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed at Summit.
Your Day Will Include:
- Local deliveries in Summit trucks (non CDL)
- Pulling customer orders, ensuring their accuracy, and preparing them for shipment
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Receive and stock products as needed to replenish inventory
- Assist sales associates in fulfilling customer orders when necessary
- Ensure warehouse and respective outside areas are neat and clean at all times
Summit will help you achieve your goals by:
We provide an atmosphere for growth and development in a dynamic and reliable industry. We provide all of the tools necessary to take control of your career including:
- Rigorous on the job and online training programs that prepare you for a career in our industry
- Opportunity for advancement
- Monthly profit-sharing
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation, disability insurance and more
As an ideal candidate you will have:
We're really looking for three things--an unwavering commitment to the customer, an unstoppable drive to exceed expectations, and a relentless pursuit of excellence in your current role and preparation for the next opportunity.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Experience in local delivery driving is preferred.
- Prior experience in a warehouse environment or providing exceptional customer service is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment.
- Ability to operate commercial vehicles.
Pre-employment assessments, drug, and background screens are administered. Professional appearance required.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
Not sure if this position is right for you? Click here to submit your information to our recruiting team.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all stages of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. We assess candidates based on skill, experience, and alignment with Summit’s mission and vision, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, age and veteran or disability status.