Project Quotations - Lighting
- 3551 W Royal Ln, Irving, TX 75063, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Role Summary: This position is responsible for providing and managing pricing from our various vendors for the lighting department’s new quotes, existing projects, and opportunities from the outside sales team. The successful candidate will work closely with the sales team and Summit’s customers to provide accurate, competitive, and timely lighting quotations as requested. This position will also be responsible for providing technical and pricing support, design support, and vendor negotiation expertise to both the Summit sales team and Summit’s customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customers with complete, comprehensive, competitive and accurate project quotations.
- Assists customers in person, over the phone or internet with Summit product questions, quotations and orders.
- Pays close attention to detail to insure quote accuracy.
- Discretionary authority is used to determine and provide customers product pricing, negotiate pricing with suppliers, purchase materials specific to customer orders and maintain service standards.
- Partner with the Service Center Manager, Customer Service Representatives, project quotations and management teams, and other Summit associates as needed to maintain levels of excellence throughout Summit.
- Build and maintain preferential customer and vendor relationships.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years customer service experience in the electrical distribution industry
- Experience handling the complete quotations process
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, lamps, and lighting related products
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Time management – strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous successful experience in SAP
- Completion of EPEC Gold program
- Knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape of the local market
- Relationships with local Lighting Reps
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Click here to submit your information to our recruiting team.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all stages of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. We assess candidates based on skill, experience, and alignment with Summit’s mission and vision, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, age and veteran or disability status.