Business Intelligence Developer - Power BI (contract and remote)
- 3551 W Royal Ln, Irving, TX 75063, USA
Summit Electric Supply is a successful and innovative 40+ year old electrical distributor, operating in a $110 billion industry. Learn more about us at summit.com.
Who We Are:
We are tenaciously driven to provide our customers with an unparalleled experience. This is achieved through The Summit Way. It defines and drives who we are. It is our key differentiator. It is our foundation for success.
This is a contract position for 4-6 months although it could easily extend based on the value provided to the organization. Work can be done remotely.
Our leadership team is hungry for someone to take the great data we have collected across the organization and build, curate, organize, and present that information into meaningful reports and dashboards that can drive better business decisions. You will provide critical support for senior leadership, sales, marketing, finance and operations. You'll work with these teams to understand how to present the data in a way that helps them make critical business decisions. If you have an analytical mind, are passionate about data and believe in the power of strong analytics, we'd love to talk to you.
Are you a fit?
The best candidates for this role are passionate about data, love puzzles, and find ways to incorporate data into decisions, big and small. They are also wired for efficiency and productivity, getting up every day wanting to help others make business decisions through the smart use of new technologies and innovative approaches. Great candidates also love working with leaders across the business in pursuit of the common goal of moving Summit forward, listening hard to uncover business requirements and keeping stakeholders closely informed, building relationships of trust through humility and delivering exceptional value. They also aren't afraid to ask questions and challenge traditional thinking, understanding that their role is to make others better. The best candidates have also been sales or worked in strong sales organizations and know how data can be used to drive sales performance.
Here are your primary responsibilities:
- Hands on in Power BI & Power Tool connecting data sources from SAP and other sources to integrate relevant data
- Build Analysis Services reporting models
- Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards
- Apply the application of security layer models
- Use advance level calculations on the data set
- Develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse standards
- Integrate reports into other applications using embedded analytics or by API automation
- 3+ years Business Intelligence Developer experience
- 2+ years of hands on Microsoft PowerBI is required
- SAP Business Objects experience is strongly preferred
- SAP BW experience is preferred
- SAP ERP knowledge is preferred
- Distribution or wholesale experience is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with standardized ETL tools and databases
- Hands on experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- Acquaintance with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
- Structured Query Language
- Expertise in understanding business process flow and designing reports
- Demonstrated experience in requirement gathering, business user interactions and converting requirements into specifications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to identify data discrepancies, irregularities, trends, and patterns
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Click here to submit your information to our recruiting team.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all stages of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. We assess candidates based on skill, experience, and alignment with Summit’s mission and vision, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, age and veteran or disability status.