Warehouse Supervisor (Inbound)
- 3551 W Royal Ln, Irving, TX 75063, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Expectations (1st year):
- Inventory control: Cycle count of 95% accuracy
- Proficient with DCI, SAP, and Interlink
- Manage open purchase orders to ensure accuracy of receiving
- Keep facility clean
- Supervise all receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations.
- Coordinate and enforce all program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Supervise all other warehouse associates.
- Lead and mentor warehouse staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees with the Warehouse Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Implement and maintain LEAN initiatives and culture.
- Maintain physical condition of equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Receive products on daily basis to replenish inventory.
- Make sure inventory is stocked appropriately at all times.
- Understand product capabilities, warranties, usages and challenges to further educate and serve customers.
- Ensure warehouse and respective outside areas are neat and clean at all times.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Mentor leadership style
- Competent in receiving from start to finish
- Calm under fire, capable of managing fast paced work
- Phenomenal multi-tasker
- Computer savvy
- 30 WPM
- Front line supervisor
- Analyze raw data to make decisions
- Previous warehouse or driver experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to build relationships with and supervise others
- Strong customer service orientation
- Time management – strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license and an excellent driving record
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Previous supervisory experience within a warehouse
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Desire to complete EPEC series and other Summit trainings
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment
- Ability to operate commercial vehicles
- Ability to climb stairs
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!