- 2900 Stanford Dr NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
This position is responsible for assessing, architecting, engineering, implementing, and managing technology solutions including: collaborating with application, development, and infrastructure teams on solution design, aligning technology portfolio to achieve desired business outcomes, partnering with appropriate stakeholders to define and mature engineering practices.
- Assess, propose, and prioritize engineering efforts based on value and alignment with corporate objectives.
- Execute on architecting, engineering, and deploying technology solutions, focusing on resiliency, recoverability, security, performance, manageability, and total cost of ownership.
- Partner with others on the infrastructure team for technology research, innovation, and experimentation efforts.
- Collaborate with team members from other subject domains to define and mature engineering practices, focusing on engineering principles.
- Perform technology evaluations and make recommendations for hardware, software, and services.
- Act as subject matter expert on assigned technologies.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support including participation in after-hours, on-call rotation.
- Work with IT teams on troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving issues.
- Enable infrastructure teams to manage technology assets by creating documentation and leading knowledge transfer sessions.
Essential Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience/training.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in management of a Microsoft-centric server environment.
- Experience with solutions engineering and applying systems thinking principles.
- Experience with core infrastructure, hardware, technologies and services (Backups, Blade Chassis, Hyperconverged, Email, Route/Switch, SAN, Virtualization, UPS).
- Experience with end user hardware and technologies (VDI, laptops, desktops, printers, MDM).
- Experience with cloud technologies, including building and operating cloud applications.
- Advanced knowledge of OSI model and networking fundamental.
- Advanced knowledge and application of IT security best-practices.
- Advanced knowledge and application of IT operational best-practices.
- Knowledge of application design principles and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with programming/scripting languages.
- Must be proactive and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be organized and able to plan/orchestrate work activities.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be an effective communicator in both technical and common business language.
- Must be an effective communicator in both written and verbal forms.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience working with agile software development teams on solutions delivery
- Understanding of agile and lean frameworks, including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience administering MacOS in an enterprise environment.
- CCNA Certification or higher.
- ITIL Foundations Certification or higher.
- MCSA Certification or higher.
· Consistent sitting for many hours at one time.
· Regular and consistent use of keyboard and mouse is necessary.
· Ability to climb stairs on occasion.
· Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
· Majority of the job is located inside the office, during regular hours of operation.
· Ability to travel as necessary.
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Go to https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SummitElectricSupply and lick Get in touch! at the top right side submit your information to our recruiting team.
**Our Company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov