- 3348 S Burnside Ave, Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Role Summary: This position is responsible for providing pricing from our vendors for the Service Center’s new quotes, existing projects, and opportunities from the outside sales team. The successful candidate will work closely with their team and their customers by creating a Bill of Material from a blueprint or working with a customer to suggest products on design-build projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide customers with complete, comprehensive, competitive and accurate project quotes
- Assists customers in person, over the phone or internet with Summit product questions, quotations and orders
- Pays close attention to detail to insure quote accuracy
- Discretionary authority is used to determine and provide customers product pricing, negotiate pricing with suppliers, purchase materials specific to customer orders and maintain service standards
- Partner with inside sales and account managers or other Summit associates as needed to maintain levels of excellence throughout Summit
- Build and maintain customer relationships
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years customer service experience in the electrical distribution industry or equivalent experience in a related industry
- Experience handling the complete quotations process
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, lamps, and related products
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Time management – strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Previous successful experience in SAP
- Completion of EPEC Gold program
- Knowledge and understanding of local market
- Relationships with local reps
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Go to https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SummitElectricSupply and lick Get in touch! at the top right side submit your information to our recruiting team.
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
**Our Company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov