- 3551 W Royal Ln, Irving, TX 75063, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
Are you a driven, goal oriented and proven leader? We're looking for a talented, high-potential associate with uncompromising integrity in the pursuit of excellence, respect for others, continuous improvement, and exceptional service skills. Always seeking to promote from within, successful employees at Summit will have opportunities for leadership and advancement. In this role you will lead by example and be a mentor to your team, ensuring the success of your department, Summit as a whole and all of its associates.
As the Warehouse Lead, you will be responsible for supervising and leading warehouse associates in assisting internal and external Summit customers with the acquisition and delivery of Summit products and questions regarding purchases. Exceptional service to external and internal customers is critical to the success of this position. Additionally, the Warehouse Lead must effectively partner with other Summit Team members, in particular the CSR Supervisor, Counter Supervisor, Counter Associates and CSR’s as needed to maintain levels of excellence throughout Summit.
As a Warehouse Lead, you will be expected to:
- Supervise all Warehouse Associates in shipping/receiving.
- Pull and check customer tickets to fulfill orders. Prepare customer orders for shipment if necessary.
- Package and ship Summit products to customers as necessary. Receive additional products on daily basis to replenish branches.
- Assists Counter Associate’s in fulfilling customer needs during times when additional assistance is needed to meet customer demand.
- Understands product capabilities, warranties, produce usages and challenges, to further educate and serve external customer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and as necessary depending on the location.
- Lead and supervise all order picking activities including WMS order management system.
- Coordinate and enforce all program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Manage customer specific requirements
- Measures - Responsible for picking quality and productivity
- Implement and maintain lean initiatives and culture.
- Maintain physical condition of equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Ensure warehouse and respective outside areas are neat and clean at all times.
Providing all of the tools and incentives necessary to take control of your career including:
- Rigorous on the job and online training programs to aid and support you in your success.
- Result-driven and customer-oriented team and work environment.
- Monthly profit-sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, and more!
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Previous warehouse experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to build relationships with and supervise others
- Strong customer service orientation
- Time management – strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent driving record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
Beneficial Skills and Experience to be successful:
- Previous supervisory experience within a warehouse
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Desire to complete EPEC series and other Summit trainings
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment
- Ability to operate commercial vehicles
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Much of job is located inside warehouse area, however, must be willing to work outside on an occasional basis.
- Additional challenges may arise, at which time; Summit may revise this job description.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.