Marketing Communications Specialist
- 2900 Stanford Dr NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
The mission for the Marketing Communications Specialist is to be the liaison between the business and the marketing team. The Marketing Communications Specialist work with the business units to plan marketing initiatives, conduct research, develop strategies, create copy and work with the marketing team to develop and execute marketing plans.
Expectations in one years time;
1. Will be primary point of contact for new marketing initiative requests from the business.
2. Be the gatekeeper and traffic manager of marketing projects.
3. Develop marketing strategies for new business initiatives
4. Develop communications strategy for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to social media, industry press, corporate communications and public relations
5. Increase the number of likes per LinkedIn post to 20 likes.
Target Audiences: Associates, customers, vendors, recruits and business partners
Position Summary: Tell Summit’s story! Develop strategy for copy; work with Marketing team to effectively convey key messages designed to explain, teach and persuade a given target audience. Answering the question of “Why Summit?” is always of primary importance and focus. Demonstrating Summit’s value proposition and differentiated services is equally important. Communication channels will include print, electronic, video, web, social media and more. This position requires someone who can use language creatively and persuasively to attract, interest and motivate. All communications will be professional and phrased with a consistent Summit tone and style. The ideal candidate is a team player, capable of collaboration with a wide variety of internal team members.
Areas of Responsibility Will Include:
· Develop strategy for business
· Develop appealing and effective marketing and sales copy
· Applications will include product advertisements, sales brochures/literature, videos, new service offerings, newsletters, promotional campaigns, email blasts, events, websites, blogs, social media, customer presentations, customer requests for proposal, press releases and more
· Assist other Summit departments, such as training and recruiting, with their communication requirements including internal announcement, scripts, videos, brochures, web content and more
· Act as Summit’s resident expert on grammar and style
· Responsible for final proofread on all marketing communications prior to release
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field required
· 2 to 5 years of experience in strategic marketing or communications position required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required
· Skill in working with Chicago and AP style guides
· Persuasive written communication
· Ability to think strategically as well as operate at a tactical level
· Strong investigative and problem solving skills
· Self-driven professional with ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
· Detail oriented
· Adaptability in how projects should be done
· Handles criticism well
· Curious personality/Life learner
Knowledge and other skills-
· Solid business acumen
· Successful working within a team, as well as independently
· Comfortable working on new projects, technologies and platforms
· Interpersonal skills
· Can handle multiple projects at a time
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Go to https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SummitElectricSupply and lick Get in touch! at the top right side submit your information to our recruiting team.
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
**Our Company uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov