Vice President of Sales
- 8718 W Little York Rd, Houston, TX 77040, USA
Summit Electric Supply provides innovative products, solutions and services that enable our customers to revolutionize the way our world is powered. From small construction to sophisticated industrial projects, our customers depend on Summit for supply chain management and value-added inventory solutions. Summit is service excellence, with systems that work and people who understand our customer's and supplier's business needs.
Provide visionary, strategic leadership to Summit’s sales organization, driving maximum profitable share growth in existing markets while exploring opportunities to expand into new markets and segments capitalizing on Summit’s core strengths. As VP of Sales, you will design and implement changes to the direction, structure, compensation, management, processes, tools, metrics, coaching, and training of Summit’s sales organization with the strong support of the President and CEO, working closely with the Executive team. The long term result must be an omnichannel strategy that takes into account the changing buying habits of customers and positions Summit as an indispensable business partner to our customers and suppliers.
- Define and summarize Summit’s unique value proposition, aligning and training Summit’s sales force to present this differentiated customer offering, and working with Marketing to persuasively communicate this value proposition to those targeted customer segments which represent the best opportunities to gain profitable share growth.
- Build and manage a high performing sales leadership team, providing strong strategic guidance and thoughtful development for team members. Prepare for future growth through leadership of Summit’s succession planning process for its sales force.
- Work with Summit’s District Vice Presidents to establish aggressive annual sales and financial objectives and corresponding budgets for every Summit market. Provide strong accountability and ongoing coaching towards the fulfillment of key performance indicators, taking corrective actions when needed to ensure peak performance of sales initiatives.
- Design, implement, and continually refine consistent sales disciplines, structure, and compensation plans across the sales organization that maximize profitable growth while ensuring alignment between individual success and company success.
- Drive Summit’s solution sales strategy utilizing an expanding portfolio of differentiated solutions for our customers in an effort to maximize gross profit potential. Partner with the Director of Customer Solutions developing competitive advantages through the creation and deployment of new services arising out of the needs of Summit’s customers.
- Prepare and present quarterly strategic and financial reviews of Summit’s sales efforts to the CEO and Summit’s Board.
- Minimum 15 years of sales experience with commercial and/or industrial products, preferably in both manufacturing and distribution.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in distribution of electrical products.
- Minimum of 10 years in leadership positions, managing supervisors/managers in diverse markets and functions.
- Highly competitive with an insatiable desire for profitable share growth. Quantifiable success in formulating sales strategies and driving sales performance utilizing leading economic indicators, gathering competitor intelligence, and deep analysis of regional markets.
- Exceptional industry awareness driven by an intense curiosity and constant research of current challenges, trends, and best practices. History of successfully leveraging innovative and unique customer solutions and services to gain market share and enhance profitability.
- Executive presence demonstrated through the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions of key decision makers.
- Ability to effectively operate across diverse audiences and resolve complex business issues. Ability to be forceful, but diplomatic and bring about win-win outcomes.
- Deep financial acumen with demonstrated skills in managing operational budgets and P&Ls in a significant enterprise. History of superior returns on investment within a significant organization.
- Clear track record of systematically recruiting and developing superior talent in organizations.
- Highly effective user of ERP systems (preferably SAP), and BI tools.
- Ability to travel approximately 75% of the time to field locations, vendor and customer offices, and industry events.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Deep relationships with decision-makers of current and potential Summit customers and suppliers.
- Familiarity and a solid reputation for integrity and results with Summit’s customers, competitors, and suppliers.
- Experience working with a family-owned or closely-held company.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in industrial distribution, supply chain, logistics, business, or engineering. MBA preferred but not required.
The position is ideally located in Summit's Houston Corporate Office but could also be located in the Irving, Texas, Service Center or Albuquerque Corporate Headquarters locations. Relocation provided.
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.