Commercial Sales Manager
- 8718 W Little York Rd, Houston, TX 77040, USA
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
The Commercial Sales Manager provides leadership and direction to the commercial sales team resulting in exceptional, profitable growth within the commercial segment of a geographic market. Strong leadership and motivational skills along with the ability to drive business results through defining and implementing a clear strategy for growth based on a deep understanding and analysis of the market are required.
- Lead by example to instill Summit’s mission and values. Communicate Summit goals and expectations and build widespread commitment and accountability.
- Create strategic roadmap for commercial sales within a geographic market, establishing a long term plan that maximizes profitable market share growth based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Ensure the leveraging of Summit’s unique sales tools, resources, and services as competitive advantages through coaching and training of salesforce to achieve return on sales targets.
- Develop and manage a high performing salesforce, providing strong strategic guidance and thoughtful development for team members. Prepare for future growth through robust participation in Summit’s succession planning process.
- Working closely with the District Vice President, design, implement, and continually help refine a sales compensation strategy that drives the acquisition of new customers as well as increased wallet share, revenue and profitability.
- Establish annual sales goals, financial targets, and corresponding budgets for the market segment. Provide strong accountability and ongoing coaching towards fulfillment, taking corrective actions when needed.
- Provide sales forecasts and reports to District Vice President and Summit leadership. Monitor pipeline against sales targets, highlighting risks and gaps.
- Manage account portfolios across the salesforce evaluating accounts by current sales, potential sales, alignment with Summit’s core competencies, and ability to meet the customer’s needs profitably, prioritizing sales resources on strategic account growth.
- Work with the District Vice President and District Product Manager to formulate vendor strategies and participate in negotiations with key vendors.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in distribution and/or manufacturing of commercial electrical products.
- Experience leading a sales team, managing supervisors/managers in diverse markets and functions.
- Quantifiable success in formulating sales strategies and driving sales performance.
- Clear track record of systematically recruiting and developing superior talent in organizations.
- Strong experience in analysis and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions of key decision makers.
- Ability to effectively operate across diverse audiences and resolve complex business issues; ability to be forceful, but diplomatic and bring about win-win outcomes.
- Deep financial acumen with demonstrated skills in managing operational budgets and P&Ls in a significant enterprise. History of superior returns on investment within a significant organization.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Deep relationships with decision-makers of current and potential Summit customers and suppliers.
- Familiarity and a solid reputation for integrity and results with Summit’s customers, competitors, and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in distribution, supply chain and logistics, business or engineering.
- Completion of EPEC Gold.
- Highly effective user of ERP systems (preferably SAP), and BI tools.
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
As an equal opportunity employer, Summit is dedicated to serving our customers, associates, suppliers, and local communities through inclusion, mutual respect, and merit. We do not base any hiring or employment decisions on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.