Legal Assistant - Real Estate
- 40 Queen St, St. Catharines, ON L2R 5G3, Canada
Sullivan Mahoney LLP is the largest law firm in Niagara, providing a full range of legal services to our diverse client base.
We have earned an unsurpassed reputation for impeccable service, thorough and pragmatic legal advice and complete commitment to our clients. Our lawyers are knowledgeable and dedicated to their professional development in order to best serve our clients’ needs.
Not only are we committed to our clients, but also to our communities. We give back through charitable donations, fundraisers and sponsorships.
The Legal Assistant - Real Estate supports the day to day activities of the lawyer(s) assigned. This role is responsible for document preparation and general practice administration. Responsible for filing of documentation, data entry and data management, correspondence, and calendar management.
- Provide support in the efficient and effective management of the practice, greeting clients, scheduling appointments, file management, etc.
- Prepare account related documents including docket entries, billing summaries, accounts, etc.
- Facilitate communication between lawyer(s), clients and external contacts
- Complete real estate files from beginning to end of transaction
- Must have a minimum of 1 - 3 years' experience in a Real Estate role within a legal environment
- Knowledge of purchase/sale of residential & commercial files
- Experience with corporate law, wills and estates is an asset
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support in an environment with a variety of functions
- Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to assist others
- Enjoy working in a large office and team environment
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and PC Law
- Strong knowledge of Conveyancer and Teraview programs
- Some experience in ordering and receiving titles searches is an asset
Sullivan Mahoney LLP is one of Niagara's most distinguished and trusted law firms. Our success lies with our knowledgeable and dedicated lawyers and staff. We strongly believe in our people - their efforts reflect our firm culture. From a commitment to client success, to the new ideas they generate, our employees have succeeded in making us what we are today.
In turn, we offer our staff competitive salary and benefits. We are always looking for self-motivated, hard working individuals seeking to be part of Niagara's pre-eminent full service law firm.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sullivan Mahoney LLP is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.